EOI' s for reef fishing charter

Oztrav

SO any expression of interests for a reef fishing charter to get some snapper or something most charters go at around $90 to $110 a head discounted if group booking and most take about 8 to 10 heads

sanitized dunny, drink booze, catch fish, and get sick!!!!:sick: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

well should we wait till mid to late april or is this no good as i thought there will be mulloway tailor as wellas snapper on the chew unless im mistaken

I havent thought much about it but would really like to do it

also i am available most weekends and i am quite happy to work this around other peoples commitments so

shoot some dates

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/19 17:26

or have it coincide with some dates for fish of the month april is tuna and may wahoo? could be interesting

check out bksfishing.com.au all up to book out the vessell is $1020 split between 12 people which gives $85 a head this includes penn rod and reels softdrinks and sandwiches with the option to bring your own booze

yes with their first port of call within 10 mins of cruising time

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/19 18:00

All good ideas Oztrav!

I reckon we need to firm up the Hinze overnighter first (Steve has limited access to the camp) if that ends up a goer, we set the date for that, then you get next choice of dates.

For me the queens birthday and Labour weekends are out for me(Wife goes away queens birthday, Labour day I march).

Feral wrote:

All good ideas Oztrav!

I reckon we need to firm up the Hinze overnighter first (Steve has limited access to the camp) if that ends up a goer, we set the date for that, then you get next choice of dates.

For me the queens birthday and Labour weekends are out for me(Wife goes away queens birthday, Labour day I march).

yeah that is fine feral no worries

• 1 month later...

yeah if poeple still keen i'm in, i booked tom cat charters at cleveland 1 time and they where good even with a fair northerly we still got good amount of parrot,cod, sweet lip perch and so on, also if weather is going to be poo he will give you the option of a rebook- boat is a 40ft cat, he was saying they do night runs as well for something diffrent, from memory holds 15 people does reef and deep sea.

I have been on most offshore charters from brisbane, got to be a expensive habbit. Now my brother and a mate both own boats and ive been going to all the reefs off top of moreton and im totally addicted, I think the best charters go from Gold coast!

sunshine, goldie or cleveland i dont mind either would love to do a night run though i think that would be cool? plus easier to sink piss i the arvo then morning but dont get me wrong if its morning im drinking if im on a boat fishing. i think it was about $1500 with these guys but cant be sure i think they needed %10 in advance but works better if people have money upfront 2 weeks in advance another rule we set was no pulling out once paid so no one was inconvienced with having to add more cash. at the moment i would be interested mid june as tight for dough this month.

Yeah I'm in for about 1-2 months time. Also don't mind chipping in for fuel and bait etc if say someone who had a brother or friend with a boat would like another person tagging along....I just don't know who to ask..:whistle:

well when i initially posted this thread there was alot of other stuff on so it was discarded but since it has picked up again and someone else wants to organise it thats sweet i would rather go from gold coast as less travel time to get outside

would love a big schnapper you knobby bastard:laugh: :laugh: so will other halves be coming or boys day?

just a thought but what if we could set up a couple service providers for charters so like one for the goldie and one for seq. and could negociate discount for afo groups. could post a day say once a month for each area and first in gets the seats. would take some sitting down and outlining rules but could be good for us non boat owners and even for boat owners that would like to just kick back and fish and sink a couple.

Sounds like a good idea Kriso but I say lets organise one first, see what the respose is and go from there. I am happy to organise one if anyone knows any good charter operators. just post name and number and I can call. post some dates that suit everyone and I will do my best. Late June early july suits me for a starter as had the fridge, washing machine and car all need repairs this week so need time to restock the bank. Keep in touch and lets get out amongst it and catch some for the catch of the month.:evil:

Right, I got onto tomcat charters and heres the info I got.

They leave cleveland at 5.30am and get back at 3.30pm.

The next available dates are 11th 12th 18th and 19th August but we need to book quick to get those spots.

The cost is $2100 weekdays and $2250 weekends. They take up to 15 people.

So presuming we go on a weekend with all 15 it works out to be $150 per person. they need $750 deposit 1 month before the day which is $50 per person so once you pay your deposit you need to pay $100 on the day. But I suggest that we all pay before hand so if anyone pulls out it doesn't leave the rest of us forking out more. We can just say there is a no refund policy. if you pay and pull out then stiff bananas.

They fish off straddie somewhere and their website is

www.tomcatcharter.com.au.

Put your name in if you wish. As soon as I have 15 names I will book it.

I will say the 18th August but if you can't do that then we can always change it to one of the above dates.

Confirmed are:

Bud

Hi guy's I'm not looking at going on the charter but I am happy to recomend BK's charters. I have been out with them twice and had a ball. Both times we caught cobia, snapper, sharks, parrot, tailor, mulloway and a few other different species. Everyone bottom bashes and as fish come on board they set up live rigs out the back, as the livies get taken everyone has a turn. The skipper's daughter \"Beky the dekie\" really knows her stuff and if you listen to what she says you can learn heaps. Check out the website. heaps of photos and also a couple of videos. They cost about $90 pp, the only thing is the run out of the Gold Coast but it's well worth the drive.

http://www.bksfishing.com.au/

Tell your sister to get her priorities right and get married when you are not fishing...no seriously am happy to change the date but the response hasn't been that great so will have to see what happens. Maybe I can arrange a few more of my friends and go from there. Will get back to you when I know more. Cheers.

Bud; I have been looking at BKs Charter, and I think it is a better choice for me to go on his boat ($$ wise).

If we book the whole boat MAX 12 persons its $1020 ($85 p/p),If you go as a mixed group Its $90 ea.

3 depart times 6am 11.15am & 4.30pm . 5 hour trips (10 mins to first drop) . I would consider the 6am start with a BBQ lunch to wind down and yarn before driving home.

I will throw this open for peoples consideration. Let me know what you think fellers , is it worth while.Then we can work on dates,and who is in etc..

Laurie

Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/05/13 07:48

No worries Kriso.

Will start a new thread when have more info from BKs.

re dates & times etc.This one is getting a bit long and stale.

There will be poss 3 from our house with you that makes 4. Shouldnt take long to come up with a crew,I hope.

Everything supplied walkon walkoff ,carring bags of fish. :P

Bud; didnt mean to take over just thought I would try to fire it up again.

Mack M ; Glenda and I will be on Hols in a couple of weeks and are going out to try them. But the way I see it if we take the whole boat we should be able to tell them where wewant to go.

Lozzel....how dare you come in and take over...:P no man seriously, I don't care how it happens I just want to go bottom bashing.(does that sound weird)I would call it helping out more than taking over. I don't care who we go with as I just love being out on the water talking shit and enjoying the day. \"Ahh the serenity\"

So no more posts from me on this one..count me in!!!!!!.

Cheers.;)

Archived