Hey noobie here!

Im Katie, im a 22 year old student. I used to fish all the time with my grandfather round Caloundra and more recently up at Tin Can Bay where the old fella now lives.

Just got the fishing bug back since the boyfriend and I went to Fraser and caught some gorgeous Dart and Whiting and had ourselves a great meal.

The it clicked! Fishing is the perfect ccure to the student lifestyle!!!!

If you can fish and catch your dinner, not only is it free but its a great source of meat and nutrition!

So im off again!

Im based at Nudgee Beach so i mostly fish around there, sandgate and the whole bramble bay.

Just fished woody point jetty this arv and caught myself a tiny flattie so sent him back.

Im often fishing with my mate, Bill the red and tan working kelpie, so if you see us come and say g'day!

Im also going to include a list of the species of fish ive caught so you can all feel sorry for me!!! muhahaha

Whiting

Dart

Flathead

Bream

Toadfish!!

Stingray

THATS IT!

yeah, hes a good fishing partner! We were down at the opening to Kedron Brook he was swimming around in there, later on my partner tells me that a dog was taken by a bull shark there about a year ago.

Anyone think this is real?

Even a whisper of this has made me ban him from swimming there (though he never goes in past his shoulders)

Welcome Katie! I've got a black and white Kelpie x Cattle Dog who loves coming out with us as well :)

Re the dog taken by a shark, I don't doubt it in the slightest :ohmy: There are plenty of big Bullies in and around the Brisbane creeks and a dog would be a very easy target (eratic swimming action, loud noise, slow etc)

and cheers for the welcome everyone!

re Nudgee Bullys- Thats it from now on no dog swimming! yikes.

re- sharks in general-

Ive been reading this site for hours now I cannot believe how many sharks are in the river and around the other tidal creeks, holy hell!

I reckon ill take some of my girlfriends up to Fraser next tailor season, a lot of them are ultra noobs too and it will just be a laugh I reckon, plus chances of catching fish are improved we might come away with something, or at least have a great courple of days. We will ban boys, it spoiles the fun! lol!!

some pics of our fraser haul... and haul fillet done with a blunt breadknife (we didnt bring the right equipment so had to make do!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16332_215118395015_618995015_4629358_5220869_n.jpg

/>http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16332_220560680015_618995015_4674473_4685941_n.jpg

welcome to the site m8 :)

not sure on taking dogs fishing .

we where out fishing and had the rods up ,bait still on them.

these people come down with dogs .1 dog knocked the rods over .

then ate the squid and the hook .

hard work and scary getting a hook out of a dogs tongue .

good thing in the end the dog was ok ,but it was some scary and intense stuff.

Archived