Borumba Summer bash

tomca

By Thursday, 5 of the group had pulled out of the trip to Borumba, so it was up to me and Keen-as-fisho to get onto a few.

Traffic out of Brisbane early Friday arvo was horrendous, thanks to a pile up on the Gateway at Boondall, my arrival was a bit later than I would have liked. Hit the lake around 5pm and headed to Duck Bay with some surface lures. Saw Den on the basin and he followed me in. Second cast along the weed edges, my popper was smashed by a 'toga that sent the lure flying onto the bank. Sadly that was the closest to a fish I came in that session.

Next day fished Kingham arm for no love and move to a nice looking bit of structure in the Yabba arm and caught my first silver on a lure, and it was a surface take :woohoo:

IMGP0498.jpg

From the same area I boated 3 bass another silver and a small 'toga of 32cm.

IMGP0497.jpg

Loaded the boats up around lunchtime and headed to the pub for lunch. So the tally was 6 fish in a 7 hour session for me and Den was in his own boat, so not sure on his catch.

Bit of AFO repping back on dry land :kiss:

IMGP0502.jpg

When we drove into town, a canoe in someones yard caught our attention, mainly 'coz of the for sale sign. After a meal at the pub, Den is haggling down the price and I end up driving back with a canoe on the roofracks B)

That arvo, we give the dam a miss and hit it again mid morning today and pull several young sub legal bass on grubs from the weed margins, both fishing from Dens boat.

On a side note, it was so hot today that a daiwa lure on my rod standing in the rod rack, deformed and burst open. Might have to have a whinge to someone about that and demand some free stuff. My cheap lure collection was unharmed :huh:

WOW what a beatiful weekend. Plenty of fish caught, with a couple of 1st for us and a PB for me (which is in the Yabba crk report :cheer: ) The 1st for me out of the dam was a Silver perch, which was taken of live shrimp and an eel tail cat fish off live worm. There wheren't too many ski lice for a change and the wind didn't pick as bad as it was supossed too, which was an added bonus!

This was this mornings launch after hitting the creek.

waitingatramp.jpg

And a couple of other afo boys comming in, btw, love your boat!

skeeter.jpg

This was my little silver :)

silverperchliveshrimp.jpg

And Toms Silver off his whaleing boat

tomssilver.jpg

And one of the many Bass. This one in particullar when't 35cm and was caught on live shrimp.

35cmbassliveshrimp.jpg

This one was taken on one of the Damiki lures I won at the brc :woohoo: and measured in at 28cm

DamikiBass.jpg

The only dissapointment I had was 1st thing friday morning dropping a big toga, oh well next time I'll be ready. I only caught 2 shrimp and 16 redclaw with a handful of small reddies. Can't wait to hit the dam and surronding creeks again B)

Archived