Happy "Noe" year.

kiwifisho

Hey guys and gals as u may have realized Im not one for big reports but I will give u a quick report from Woodford again. A good mate and I launched the "Noe" at woodford for a day on the water and ended up with 2 Cod each and some good yellas.River was quite high and a little murky butr that didnt stop the bite. PB Cod for me and my mates first cod for him :woohoo:

Kiwi ;)phpelAYXtAM.jpg

elops wrote:

I hope you enjoyed catching what is the result of over 20 years of work by the Mary River Cod Research and Recovery Plan team ,the volunteers at the Gerry Cook Hatchery ,and the stocking group.
Yea they are good 2 catch elops, all fish released unharmed if thats wat your worried about mate.

Kiwi ;)

thanks for the report Kiwi, they are cracking fish mate.

As anglers it is great to be able to catch (and release) such great fish in our "local" creeks and rivers, so yes, the stocking groups have done a wonderful job.

If we all treat these waters and their inhabitants with respect and common sense (as I know Kiwi does) then it can only get better from here :)

Nice little report Kiwi, well done on the cracker fish too. A quick question - Where do you put your canoes in? I went up to Woodford a couple of months ago (never been there before or since, but want to again) and drove all over the shop trying to find a good spot to put my canoe in, without much success...?

-Steve.

Archived