nudgee creek?

Jordan

went for a fish today, not sure which creek it was but it was across the road from nudgee beach and up some bogus track. went to my normal shultz spots but to no avail, in about 3 hours i caught a tiny whiting and broke my rod :(

rode home in a furious mood, running into things, nearly hitting pedestrians and parked cars :pinch: all making me more and more furious. got home, found some bogus rod that my great grandpa would of looked at and thought it was out dated back in his day and took off.

so off i went with old ye faithful, had a few more fliks in shultz but only caught a dero checking out my bike, so decided to moove right up to nudgee beach. had a few flicks near the road but wasnt gettin much, figured probably because itd be fished out. the more i walked through though the better things got.

pretty soon i was on, putting up a nice little fight that could only be from a bream. reeled it in to show a 25 cm bream. next cast felt like there was something on, but wasnt sure, reeled it in to find a bream that was hardly bigger than the lure!

few minutes later and the line started pulling away again. reeled it in to be a 46 cm flatty. troy rang and said he was coming down, and before he got there, managed to get another 50 cm flatty and 36 cm cod.

when troy got there, he was using a laser pro, and while i was only with him for an hour and a half, he landed some great fish! first few casts and he was on with a 33 cm cod. it nearly doubled his rod over! cant wait to see how it handles a nice big 50 cm cod if i end up showing him my spots. had the rod pulled out of my hands not long after that while i was singing 'mrs robinson' by simon and garfunkel, such a classic. far out missed it, it was a huge pull, doubt i wulda got it in neway.

just before i was about to leave troy screamed like a little girl in excitement as he hooked onto a monstor fish. it was really testing his loomis and taking alot of line. pulled it in after a short fight to be a 33 cm bream, veeeery fat one 2.

i left after that cause i have work very soon, hes still down there tho so he can finish the report wen he gets bak.

jordan

not sure where to put them, i guesse on the internet somewhere but u cant put videos on this site can u, im workin on a montage at the moment but really dont have enough footage to make a decent video, but yea any ideas of where i can put them up? heres troys ripper bream as well, diddnt seem to work on the last post. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/nctroy.JPG

post-147-144598410444_thumb.jpg

hey jordan, looks like you had another good session. the video would be a sweet idea, the release of that 52cm cod would be worth watching again. im gonna be pretty busy this weekend with uni work, but if i have enough time ill prob head down to shulz canal again to try our 2 spots.

might cya down there if your also doin some fishing (ill bring my castnet).

-nelson-

Yeah it was a pretty good few hours. A new PB Bream on lure, 33cm fork length so around 36-37 full length. Took a lot more line with the locked drag around the heavy structure then what the Cod did which was surprising.

About half an hour after Jordan left I caught a small Whiting, my first on Hardbody. Then dropped a Bream around the 30cm fork length in front of me. About 30 mins after that I decided to concentrate on the same structure I pulled the Bream from. The tide was up so put on a Halco Poltergeist for its very vertical deep diving. Had about 20 casts at was drilled by a freaking train. The Stella drag was as tight as it would go and line was just peeling off. It was all over in a few seconds, tink! I can almost certainly say it was a good Cod, hit and fought like any other.

Plus I decided to throw on my cheapy lure that Jordan found at Monduran. Five casts later in the exact same spot got nailed for no hook up. Cod have a habit of eating anything that swims past, even if they have a lure already in their mouths. Tim and I know all about it :P .

Troy

Hi Guys.

Bluewater Fishing Downunder the makers of the angels of death range of lures has a television portal where you can post your videos.

Please send videos to me at bigboss@bluewaterfishing.tv

And in 12 hours the videos will be posted at

/>http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BluewaterFishing

where you can all view them and enjoy them.

Archived