New Year at Texas and the Dumaresq River

Yoodles82

Hi All, quick report of my last 4 days on the dumaresq river at texas. We camp on a lucerne farmers property about 10min drive upstream from the texas township.

The nights before we arrived texas received about 3 inches of rain and so the was a fresh through the river. Despite this, we still managed to catch yellowbelly, cod, eeltail catties, and a lot of carp. Mostly just used set lines with shrimp, worms or prawns on a hook sitting on the bottom of the riverbed.

The new 4hp yammy Ray got me onto did a perfect job getting upstream in the fresh current :-)

Enjoy a couple of pics.

Cheers

Nat

ellicat wrote:

Looking forward to some pics of this trip, Yoodles.

Did you camp on the Qld or NSW side ?

Camped on qld side...though did venture across the border to flick lures :-)

Were quite a few campers at bonshaw weir and further upstream. Seems to be a popular river :-)

The weir looks great with all that water !

I'm pretty sure tandanus (dewfish) are a no take species from NSW rivers (of which the Dumaresq is 1). That's a good size one in the net though, and they're pretty good on the chew, if not a bit "wet". Open season on the cod now though. That's a tasty size you have there too. I reckon they're the best fish of all on the table. What do you think ?

Archived