C.I.W. Social Fish Jan 30 2010 - Rockets Birthday!

Rocket75

* This is not an official AFO event! * *

Attention any interested AFO members.

To celebrate my 35th Birthday :S I want to go fishing with some mates :woohoo:

A few of us are planning on fishing for some Bass and Bream at Clear Island Waters, Robina on Saturday January 30, 3.00pm till 7.00pm approx.

Access to this waterway is limited to landbased, canoe and kayak fishing as there is no public ramp facilities for boats.

I stress this is not an official AFO sanctioned event, just a bunch of anglers getting together to have a social fish, share tips, techniques, stories and good company.

What I am looking for is an indication of how many people plan on attending so we can organise car-pooling and kayak/canoe transport.

There is limited parking at the launch site, so sharing transport may be a good idea.

Please reply on this thread if you are keen to join us.

I will update this thread with more info as the date approaches.

Thanks

Rocket

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The boss has given the go ahead so pencil me in - I can prob even wrangle her yak if anyones interested in borrowing it for the day - I can cart it and one person and will be travelling from Ipswich. I even stopped off at Big W and bought one of them Scorpion Brown Trouts this arvo so have high hopes ;) .

Cheers

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Count me in B) Should be a good arvo/evening.

Roughly how big is the CIW (its a lake right)?

Also I will have a spare spot in the ute for yak/passenger.

Good stuff.

CIW is huge! It's a lake / canal system with many different arms and bays to choose from. Google maps Robina and you'll see it - clear island lake / waters.

Rocket75 wrote:

* This is not an official AFO event! * *

Attention any interested AFO members.

To celebrate my 35th Birthday :S I want to go fishing with some mates :woohoo:

Thanks

Rocket

I was thinking of coming anyway if that's allright. If I do I'll have a spare yak. I'll see how work sorts out and get back to teh thread. I would say about a 95% chance of yes.

Scotty - do you want the other yak?

Even allowing for a few non-starters (Terry and Henry :angry::P )

we have a good rollcall so far and looks like it will be a cracking arvo of fun and fishing.

All are welcome, and it's great to see offers of shared transport and spare yaks.

Good luck with the leave passes for all those still pending :laugh:

Keep em coming

rocket

PS Home Loans Made Easy (QLD) will be donating some lures as prizes details TBA :woohoo:

Archived