Fishing Hamilton Island

iqarus

Mate I went there for a couple of days for a work conference a few weeks ago. Went landbased around the main resort rocks to the left of the beach, and then in the harbour.

I'm guessing you'd get some good days amongst the ordinary. I had ordinary (nothing of size) but it was still good. Only really got in maybe 4 hours of fishing.

LMAO at Fishingnut's comment... Its true unfortunately mate... working and living up there may be great for maybe the first week, then its basically mundane after that. Its a beautiful place, dont get me wrong but it'll either get pretty lonely or boring after a bit... Fishing is awesome up there if you have a boat... im sure you can rent one out... Massive snapper and tuna that way, and they love the lures!

they've got about 30 jobs going at the moment, iv got the pick of about 11 so depends how much responsibility i want to take on really.

a mate of mine did his chef apprenticeship on hamilton and he got to work with some high class chef's and got alot of experience, apparently when you're not working the staff all party together. as do$tylez said, there's hotties everywhere B)

i was thinking a kayak would be the go to get in around the island and get access to reefs further out.

fishingnut wrote:

good luck storing it

be as easy as sharing a six pack with the yardsman every fortnight, you seem to have some negative bias against the place ? backstory ?

one of the jobs im looking at comes with a slightly larger than "sardine tin" sized accomodation, even get my own golf buggy :laugh:

Mate I stayed up there for 4 weeks in the staff dongers 10 years ago - had to come back to sober up :laugh: . The locals took me fishing off the rocks in George Hamiltons back yard (before he died) - caught 1 awsome coral trout before the sharks moved in although they were good fun to catch and haul up the rocks. That was really the only sober moment and I loved every minute of the place - all the staff there have to do after knock off is get on the p!ss and socialize which is not a bad life if ya liver hangs in there.

Archived