NPD 12/1/10 Bit better.

rayke1938

Went back again for a better day.

Nice sunrise with Dino in the background.

P1120150AFO.jpg

Got a nice feed of redclaw with the sharefarmers and rangers being absent.

P1120151AFO.jpg

With rangers losing my shrimp trap I had to put in a spare that I had in the boat and I hadnt modified the inlet with the bottle tops so I got 14 redclaw and 7 shrimp.

P1120152AFO.jpg

Went to usual spot and got 6 bass from 7 shrimp. Dino had a few more shrimp and did quite well.

Resident carpet snake still sitting in his tree. Been there for nearly a week now. I think that he waits for the birds to come and roost in the tree of a night and he has a easy feed.

P1110147AFO.jpg

Pulled all my pots as I wont be back for a week or so.

Cheers

Ray

Good report Ray. I don't understand about the rangers taking your pots but I suppose I'll find out sooner or later.

Is that a pimped up zipper on the green trap? I was thinking to velcro mine. Have you tried velcro?

6/7 is a pretty good score card and what a surprize that Dino did quite well. I mean he usualy does bloody great. ;)

Brian D wrote:

Good report Ray. I don't understand about the rangers taking your pots but I suppose I'll find out sooner or later.

Is that a pimped up zipper on the green trap? I was thinking to velcro mine. Have you tried velcro?

6/7 is a pretty good score card and what a surprize that Dino did quite well. I mean he usualy does bloody great. ;)

Re rangers.

As you may be aware there has been a problem with sharefarmers and incorrectly marked or unmarked pots. Fisheries were asked to investigate and they passed the job to SEQ water. The rangers must have been busy so the job was passed on to some people from the water treatment plant with the message to hop in the boat and check all pots.

They hopped into the boat and then proceeded to pull in and confiscate every pot that they could find.

They emptied every pot and chucked out the bait and bait bags.

Then Aaron came trolling around the corner and they zoomed over to him and in an unfriendly manner asked what did he think he was doing.

Noone had told them about the PRFMA boating access scheme. Aaron showed them his permit and pointed out his permit number on the side of his boat.They then asked him if he had any pots in as they were going to confiscate them.

Aaron then had to educate them re what was a legal pot and also point out our boundary.They pseudo rangers then made a phone call ( probably to get some instructions on what to do now)and said see you later.

They then drove around putting pots back into the water.

Problems on Monday morning.

Several of my pots were floating in the middle of the dam as they had not checked the depth of the water against the lengths of the ropes. They could easily increase the lengths of the ropes as I had them tied up fairly short so as not to interfere with trolling.

Found 3 floats up on the bank with the lines cut. ( Reckon they would have had a bit of rope around their props).Lost 1 shrimp trap and 2 redclaw as a result.

While some of my pots were in the general area where they came from others were in some very strange places and no redclaw in any or them as the rangers had taken the bait.

I was unable to locate 3 pots despite looking in all the obvious areas.

I rang the rangers when I got home and they denied cutting ropes and said that every pot was returned to where it came from as they had taken photos.

When I went out on Tuesday morning Dino saw 1 of my pots on the other side of the dam floating in deep water.I went over to it and then saw the other 2 missing pots that were in an area that I have never put pots in so now I am only down 2 redclaw and one shrimp pot.

I got a phone call last night from another permit holder who said that the rangers had tossed all his purchased bait holders and his pots were returned to completely different areas to where he had left them and that they were all tangled up with someone elses pots.

Just a normal zipper.

Wish some of our batsmen could get scores similar to Dino.

Cheers

Ray

Archived