New speed cameras???

rayke1938

my question is whilst its a hard thing for family and friends to go through is speeding maybe natures way of evolution just thinning out the people who go to fast and leaving the rest to breed

personally i have allways found going fast great fun its a huge exhilaration buzz but as life goes on the speeds have dropped considerably also the first serious accident you have slams you with the reality of mortality and you grow up fast

before every one rips me a new one yes i did race and no i dont speed with other people in the car nor do i race through back streets but on a empty rd with no one around yes ive put my foot down for fun especially on motor bikes

i just havent ridden in the last decade kids are like anchors and i like to be attached to mine

dick head pom

I got a speed camera ticket once. A few days earlier they changed the limit from 70 to 60km/h and I got done for doing 71km/h on my way home from work at 3.45am. I don't mind getting caught fair and square, but that really pi$$ed me off.

As for hooning, you can pay some cash and use the facilities at Archerfield, Qld raceway and Willowbank, and race your mates or the clock or be wanker extraordinaire in relative safety.

I dislike how dumb the pollies treat us. The rollout of speed cameras was for reducing the road toll, and the more cameras we have the higher the road toll rises. Maybe they need to use the revenue to pay for more cops?

hi all while your discussing speed cameras and anna's grab for cash over the last few weeks in in a few states a new weapon has been unleashed to nab speeders and hoons . unmarked police bikes a few peeps on another forum have been pinched ,they mainly frequent nice quick sections of road mainly targeting bikes mt nebo mt glorious mt mee pine shire north pine dam area I'spotted 1 of them the other week a light turquiose bmw hidden lights looks like joe public except for the standard police issue shoei flip up helmet , interesting huh that was a testing model the actual unmarked baikes are the 2010 model suzuki gsxr 1000 all black so if ur going along a nice piece of road and 1 of these guys pops up harrying u to go a bit quicker slow down a bit so they have to pass once it passes you'll see the hidden lights and inspector plodds utility belt :P

noname wrote:

some of the accidents i've seen bewilder me, a straight piece of road, not very long, doesn't look dangerous, but X's everywhere, your never going to stop it, ppl don't have an understanding of their cars is my belief, eg, 5 ppl in a car opposed to being by yourself, adversly affects the braking efficiency of a car. just as an example, and these dick johnsons haven't realised that yet, because they haven't the understanding of the whole concept of how cars actually work. like worn tyres will give you more grip! on a dry road, a wet road is another story.as for speed limits, 40kmh through school zones, what a bloody joke, next will be home schooling, cos lil princess is scared of walking down stairs. what ever happened to bloody parents walking their kids through the gates, i see a lot of so called good parents just drop their kids off and virtually palm them off to some1 else via lollipop lady, and they drive off. some of you parents need to bloody wake up. and teach kids rules for xing the road. they understand the concept alright, parents are just to bloody lazy to do it.she'll be right mate, well don't bother telling me when your kid got nailed by a car doing 35 kmh in a school zone, bcos they just wondered across the road. bcos i just don't give a toss!

Partly incorrect.

Yes some parents need to wake up a teach their kids properly.

Unfortunatelly you can also give a young kid all the instruction in the world but their minds sometimes wander. Drivers around schools need to SLOW Down and be way more aware. Bring the limit in these area down to 20. Trust me you will give a toss when you hit a kid in 1 of these areas and kill (Him/her) no matter what the circumstances are. Youve still gotta live with the fact that it was you driving and killed someone.

Start of rant...

You drive round without a seatbelt all day and not have a drama, you can drive around p!ssed all day and not have a drama, but hit a tree or telegraph pole at 100lmh and no amount of seatbelts and soberism is going to stop you getting injured or killed. Cant see how that is flawed?

EFC - Nick, hence I dont ram it down anyones throat.

End of rant

bootyinblue wrote:

Start of rant...

You drive round without a seatbelt all day and not have a drama, you can drive around p!ssed all day and not have a drama, but hit a tree or telegraph pole at 100lmh and no amount of seatbelts and soberism is going to stop you getting injured or killed. Cant see how that is flawed?

End of rant

Pretty obvious really. You may have been going 100kph in a 100 or even 110 zone were not breaking the law and you still died. Therefore ten thousand speed cameras on that stretch would not have saved your life.

How hard is it to understand that if you are pissed the likelihood of hitting the tree or telegraph pole is greatly increased?

Same thing goes for seatbelts. I agree in a direct impact with a solid object at high speed it pobably won't make a difference but say if you are involved in a rollover at 100kph it will make all the difference in the world.

if the day ever eventuated that i collected a kid, anywhere for that matter, while observing all the propper directions, the first person i would be looking for would be the parents, to show them what an outstanding job they have done so far, about teaching them about life, school doesn't end or start at school. what i mean is 5 and 6 year old kids walking across a busy road at that time of morning. wtf. where is mom, ohhh there she goes drivin down the road!!! most school's have a perfectly good oval accessable by roads easily enough to enter and exit, but i guess they just don't want mom's driving there, prob the case of the cure is worse than the disease!

dhess wrote:

bootyinblue wrote:
Start of rant...

End of rant

Pretty obvious really. You may have been going 100kph in a 100 or even 110 zone were not breaking the law and you still died. Therefore ten thousand speed cameras on that stretch would not have saved your life.

How hard is it to understand that if you are pissed the likelihood of hitting the tree or telegraph pole is greatly increased?

Same thing goes for seatbelts. I agree in a direct impact with a solid object at high speed it pobably won't make a difference but say if you are involved in a rollover at 100kph it will make all the difference in the world.

I give up......

bootyinblue wrote:

dhess wrote:
bootyinblue wrote:
Start of rant...

End of rant

I give up......

well ill give you all one and accident i had back in 1970 coming back from inverell to brisie at around 2.30am in my mk3zephyr( NO sealt belts in those days). on a slight bend in the road just out of deepwater doing around the 90mph+ mark (opps now im in trouble)this is the police report (left the road rolled it end for end then hit this tree stump. 2meters high that was the height of the stump.then spun and rolled a few times.i was thrown out of car at some time. found about a hour or so later by passing motorist) this was in june .my injuries well were many. i was unconious for a week in hospitial . but if i had a seat belt no chance. it gust goes to show that my number wasnt up yet. i guess its all a mater of how lucky you are in a accident .or maybe the old cars were made a lot stronger .

Archived