BALLOONS

Tim a

G'day Tim! In NZ they use this technique a lot to catch kingfish landbased. You basically set up like you're using a standard floating bait, and tie the balloon to the swivel using cotton. When the fish hits the bait and starts to run it pulls the balloon partially under the waters surface and the combined effects of the pressure differential and the balloon trying to shoot back to the surface snap the cotton and the balloon scoots away on the breeze. Also a great way to tell when you're on if you're not close to your gear. Cheers mate B)

Thanks Brian. Balloons from the boat are something I've never tried, mainly because I'm so madly mucking around with tackle, eskies, rods, etc that I forget to put the bl#%dy things on board! I reckon tailor season (bring it on!) would be a good time to have a go, though, as with Tim and the mack's.;) How 'bout you - have you tried, and any success?

Cliffy wrote:

Thanks Brian. Balloons from the boat are something I've never tried, mainly because I'm so madly mucking around with tackle, eskies, rods, etc

I know exactly what you mean - I spend way too much time stuffin around with crap I could do without if I didn't have it.

How 'bout you - have you tried, and any success

Terry has used em sharking from my boat in the bay - that's how he got his monster.

Dazzamcgee wrote:

Can someone please explain why my karma has decreased??

Also what was said that was so offencive??

Dazza: I removed your posts below the quoted one.

The reason why your karma went down was because someone didn't agree with or like what you said. It doesn't have to be because it was offensive. Whoever gave you negative karma doesn't have to tell you that it was them, or why.

Seriously Dazza, take a deep breath because I'm sure your life will continue.

Dazza: Im sure the person meant no offence Dazza. Thats not how Karma works. Someone simply might not have though what was said was appropriate, accurate etc. It does not mean they have a vendetta. Anyway seriously you have one of the highest karmas on the site. Thats probably because 99% of the time your statements are appreciated.

But as a wise man once said: \"You cant please them all\". :)

Angus

Guy's , hey I just try to give a little advice when I can.....but this karma thing annoy's me deeply.....(here I am will to give up all that i know and thats what I get in return.....I'm aware that everyone's different and have different views but geezz I didnt deserve that..)

Brian mate your a living ledgend;) and I read and respect all that u write..and no it wasnt me that took ya karma...I dont take karma I give karma.........

So I would like to say sorry to the one out there that I offended in any way....

Hey Dazz \"living ledgend\" is that another way of saying old fossel? :blink:

It's funny how the karma thing stings when it gets taken away but it feels good when you get it. A bit like fishing I suppose - I always feel deflated when I don't get my target fish but feel like a hero when I do.

If I catch a jewie on the weekend can I have some karma please?:whistle: or maybe just a logan river perch ;)

Archived