fish of the month suggestion

tomca

When putting out FOTM, it could be good to ask a AFOer who is adept at catching the chosen species to write a short article. In it a bit of insight into behaviour, gear, bait/lures, locations, etc.

And then members can add to the post with what works for them.

It would give others, not familiar with targetting that fish, a bit of inspiration to give FOTM a crack.

i'm sur u would find willing people here within this comunity to give insight into a particular species , i would be willing to contribute and think this a great idea tomca

could i suggest next month species to be mackerel (in season next month)as it was in november last year out of season and i could help those keen on this species and help with locations as well as tag along trips to target them

mark

tugger wrote:

i'm sur u would find willing people here within this comunity to give insight into a particular species , i would be willing to contribute and think this a great idea tomca

could i suggest next month species to be mackerel (in season next month)as it was in november last year out of season and i could help those keen on this species and help with locations as well as tag along trips to target them

mark

Great idea tugger. A great fish to catch, not likely to be fished out by recreational fishermen and I for one would be interested in tips and possible tag-alongs. Only issue is that it is hard for land based fishers to be involved for that month, but people with boats might offer deckie spots?

shortie wrote:

i like the idea, but it may also discourage people from entering as they feel obliged to write an article that they may not know much about at all.

i don't know .

u got a point there .

but .

say i get a nice big good jack .

it's going to be a fluke .

so i would just tell it as it is .

i was using this gear ,this bait at this location and i got 1 ,add a bit of filler and there u go .

Shortie,

What I mean is that when Gus decides on a species, for example, bass, then He asks someone like Stu or plasticman to do a little article a week or two before, and when FOTM is posted the article is attached to it. And if you feel you have something to add then can add your 2cents worth.

I don't mean that you have to have an entry to make a post, just sharing techniques, and heaven forbid, maybe a location.

tugger wrote:

mark

Offer noted rummy cheers.

GOod suggestion Tomca.

Finding a willing person EVERY month could be tough but ill awake PM offers!

Angus

Archived