bream rod and reel combo

I love these debates :) (as long as they stay civil)

But ... you can liken it to buying cars. You can buy a holden commodore.. nice car, reasonable price, goes from a to b, has some up and go, does the job.

Or you could buy yourself a bentley continental GT.....still does the exact same job that the commodore does, just with style, panache, bling and all the little extras. That's what you're paying for.

I know which one I'd buy if I could afford it.

Do$tylz wrote:

I know which one I'd buy if I could afford it.

Little hairdressers car with a big turbo?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P

I've stayed out of this one so far, but might add to what justifies spending huge $$$ on reels.

If you fish with 3lb or less, the drags operation is critical to success. The top end stuff has super smooth drag and is waterproof and corrosion resistant.

I am way too tight to spend that money, and when fishing the fishing was tough at the last ABT Hobie round at Noosa, the fish would not even look at a lure on a 4lb leader, so fished super light in structure and repeatedly paid the price, but so did the AFC pro's that were there with their $1000 combo's and 2 of them donutted too :laugh:

• 1 month later...

At the moment my bream flick stick consists of a Bream finnesse shimano raider and a 2500 sized stradic CI4. Great combo for throwing lghtly weighted plastis, even better for fishing 'micro' blades down deep. Was spooled with 6pnd braid, but went back to mono due to wind knot issues. The drag on the CI4 is great, and the light weight of the combo really helps when you spend quite a few hours on the water

Archived