New Lures-cheap versus expensive

Beejay

I just spent $40 bucks exactly on ebay delivery included, for a nice selection of surface poppers and divers all with rattles in them.

Im not a big lure user so dont want to spend much but am willing to give these a try for $40.00 Here are some pics of them.

They are coming from China...lol So will prolly take about 2 weeks to get here but the delivery was free so whos complaining? Not me....lol jp100.jpg

these are supposed to be the poppers:

OMG $200 Per cast?????? lmao Definately no chance mate, but I guess fishing is like anything, you have your cheapskates like me and you have your rich folk....lol

Must admit though, theres something about that mega bass lure that catches ur eye, maybe thats what the fish think as well and maybe thats why its so expensive....lol

Beejay wrote:

here are some more poppers: L08.jpg

these ones were supposedly 20 grams each all the rest are 15gms

Hey Beejay, i bought the exact same ones on ebay too, for $11 aud posted. Got em in mail today... they look pretty good but they have a strong paint smell :X The fish would probably die of the smell :laugh:

My god that's an expensive lure ! I still reckon there would be some blokes around who would say it's only a mid range lure though ;)

Oh and nice buy beejay hope you have more luck than me as I bought a couple of divers of ebay quite cheap but they just wouldn't swim right, Your's look a bit better than the ones I got though :fishing:

Cam

Mungrel Jack wrote:

Beejay wrote:
here are some more poppers: L08.jpg

these ones were supposedly 20 grams each all the rest are 15gms

Hey Beejay, i bought the exact same ones on ebay too, for $11 aud posted. Got em in mail today... they look pretty good but they have a strong paint smell :X The fish would probably die of the smell :laugh:

boys a mate of mine got these as well, they layed on there side in the water, and even the smallest twitch of the rod they just flipped in the air. you never know, could have been a bad batch. good luck.

adam

Beejay wrote:

and here are all the rest, I reckon I did quite well for $40 bucks for all these, I guess the proof will be in the action and fish they catch if any...cheers Beejay L01_1.jpg
got a few bigs hits on a similar lure,mistake was didnt change the hooks and splitrings wont do that again,on the troll too.brad

i hit up big W yesterday arvo for a few cheap hard bodies, im determined to spend shit all and catch fish, just to prove to myself that its presentation B) over lure quality. I bought an et sprog surface/ shallow runner, a frenzy minnow 50mm and an outback baby shrimp.

in the even of EPIC FAILURE - immediately resort back to jackalls, stiffys, r2s etc :silly:

Going to give NPD a wurl this arvo if its not tooooo windy (landbased) and let you know how i go. All the trebs look poor as shit so they'l be gettin swapped out but other then that the quality looks decent.

cheers

drew

idrewapicture wrote:

i hit up big W yesterday arvo for a few cheap hard bodies, im determined to spend **** all and catch fish, just to prove to myself that its presentation B) over lure quality. I bought an et sprog surface/ shallow runner, a frenzy minnow 50mm and an outback baby shrimp.

cheers

drew

Mate it can be done with good presentation and it helps to find some really dumb fish.... :laugh:

The frenzy minnow 50mm caught me a 58cm jack..... ;)

Yeah the frenzys are a great lure to start with and build your confidence casting very cheap and have accounted for a LOT of fish in my boat. Big w stocks seem to be slowly disappearing and are becoming tough to come across now I just about cleaned out north lakes big w single handidly :laugh:

Cam

Project cheapskate has been extended somewhat, i just bought a shimano sahara 7'0 2-4kg for $66 from 79 and a symetre 1000 for $141 (attempted to get a full rig for 200) and bought some platil 4lb braid so blew the 200 idea but was 230 all up so not bad, add this to my el cheapo lures and we'll see what the results are around sunset this evening B)

damn me for stopping buy the tackle shop..... :blush:

talking about cheap k-mart lures one of the first lures i caught fish on was an outback lures menindee mauler 5 i got from k-fart for fk all and its a cheap fat arse crank bait got tailor on it but after afew 30-35cm choppers they managed to crack the body near the bib now it swims real sh!t and fills with water

another cheap kfart lure a 3pack of kokoda sprogs i got afew knocks on the red one but couldent hookup havent used em since now i tend to use quality lures and if im scared of losing them i use soft plastics

• 1 month later...

Bought this lure from BFC in a Barra pack came with about 8 lures in a good storage box, caught my first spoyyed Mack with this one the photo shows the teeth marks, just starting out sdo I'm not paying too much at the moment but bought my first popper the other day I think it was about $15 so have great expectations of it

the mojiko range at anaconda was on special last week at 40% off so i stocked up coz im goin away soon. pretty good lures i thought, bar the trebles on the smaller lures probs need changing. after discount i got a bunch of jackall looking lures for only 3 dollars a piece which was awesome and the dearest lure i bought was 7-8 dollars a big barra worthy sucker

Archived