ningi

Dazzamcgee

Headed out to ningi creek for a quick throw with the kids and missus at about 3pm fished till dark caught a good couple of handfuls of prawns and herring in the cast net.First bait out was a whole live herring on gang hooks and wire but shortly after setting the line another bloke walks past me with a cast net and a few poddy mullet stops and tells me\"something just bit the tail off this poor mullet while it was still stuck in the net\"strange hey.10 minutes had past then I see something playing around with the set bait so I picked up the rod and let out a bit of line waiting for it to take up the slack waiting waiting line slowly tightens up then bang I gave it sum stick getting almost pulled to me knees in the initial run thump thump thump and its over \"BUGGER\" retrieved the line to bait up again and the wire trace was bit right through not to sure on what it was but i can say it was pretty big and had sum teeth. Anyways got 3 small bream to 25cms and 2 nice muddies in the traps so things turn out ok with muddies on the menu for dinner...

Angus as for how heavy the trace is I cant remember as Ive had it in the tackle box for a long time but can say its about the same thickness of 30lbs line.

As for the muddies nothing beats the good old school method BOIL THEM UP....but sometimes when I'm in the mood for a full blown cook up I like the Asian style chilli crab(can post this recipe up on the site for everyone if you like)....

Whats with the \"O BOB SAGET\"???

Archived