2010 State Of Origin Fishing Competition

AFO

Event Update:

The boundaries for the competition have been extended to include the beaches and offshore as well as the Brunswick River. The Northern boundary will be up to Wooyung and the Southern boundary will be down to Tyagrah including offshore. These boundaries gives the Competition the opportunity to cater for different types of fishing and anglers. As well as this it, the increased area takes the pressure of concentrated fishing over the weekend off the river system.

After consideration of community feedback we have re-included categories for Tailor and Jewfish. After review of last year's event which was held at the same time of year (where there was only one Jewfish entered and five Tailor) for the extra organisation, prizes, cost and effort involved with these two categories, it was decided by the Events Committee that efforts would be instead focussed on the species had significant weigh-ins. This reduced scope meant larger prizes for these, however, after the community feedback and the extended boundaries, the Tailor and Jewfish categories have been re-included, however the prizes for these will be significantly smaller this year.

Like we mention often, we do take on board suggestions for all our events from the community and ask if you have suggestions or feedback for any of the AFO Competitions, especially if you think something could be done better or changed please post them in the relevant forum categories for each event for evaluation.

Thats great about the boundary changes and the inclusion of tailor and Jewfish to the event, I feel it will give everyone a better chance, It also caters for those that don't have a boat and prefer beach fishing.

Cheers :):)

well done admin on the latest update for this comp.... :cheer: :cheer:

the flexibility on the running of this comp is extremely commendable, and much appreciated by all im sure...

pity about the prize bag sizes etc. but im sure the social fun event atmosphere will shine above this and wont effect the effort put in by any anglers to secure the shield.... :dry:

the addition of 2 more species and extended boundaries opens the playing field to more anglers and is more user friendly for all .. :woohoo:

cheers

Maxi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Angus wrote:

Nickers wrote:
tomca wrote:
right around the time Nickers baby is due........game fishing?

Yes.. by the way.. it's your baby too!!

Hahahaha that didnt answer the question...

Can Tomca come?

Angus

Tomca can come!

All I need to do is book somewhere to roll the swag out. I'll pay on the day, still got last years T-shirt.

tomca wrote:

Angus wrote:
Nickers wrote:
tomca wrote:
right around the time Nickers baby is due........game fishing?

Yes.. by the way.. it's your baby too!!

Hahahaha that didnt answer the question...

Can Tomca come?

Angus

Tomca can come!

All I need to do is book somewhere to roll the swag out. I'll pay on the day, still got last years T-shirt.

Tomca dont forget its $10 more on the day.

Better to get in early if you know anyway.

I think the campsite where Henry and Kriso are is not heavily booked...

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question.... pretty sure its not been covered yet?

In the standard terms and conditions it says 'no camera phones or Ipod phones for entries'

Is this still enforced for the comp as my phone has a 5MP camera and can be downloaded from lead or from memory card.

Otherwise its a case of lugging $X,XXX worth of digital SLR around to take the pic.

Archived