2010 State Of Origin Fishing Competition

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: 2010 State Of Origin Fishing Competition **

The annual State of Origin fishing competition run by Brisbane Fishing Online is taking place on Friday 30th July - Sunday 1st August 2010.

TIME AND VENUE:

Event Headquarters (HQ) for the State of Origin Fishing Competition will be at the Ferry Reserve Holiday Park, Brunswick Heads, NSW. For a map of the location to make finding Ferry Reserve easy, please click this website link: http://www.ferryreserve.com.au. The Event Headquarters is where you need to report for your pre-fishing briefing and also for weighing-in (submitting photo entries) and prize presentation.The 2010 State of Origin fishing competition will commence at 08:00am Friday 30th of July 2010 and conclude at 12:00pm on the 1st of August. The prize presentation will commence at 12:15pm on the 1st of August.

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

If you register early for this event you can save with Early Bird rates. If entry fees are paid before 30th May 2010 the fee is $60 per competitor. Entries made after this date but before the 30th June 2010 are $70 per competitor. Entries after this date but before the 30th July are $80 You can register on the day, however this can only be done at the Event HQ and only cash payments will be accepted. The fee for registering on the day at the event is $90 per competitor and the entry fee must be paid and report for briefing done before you commence fishing to be eligible to weigh-in. However, if you do register to compete on the day you will only receive an entry kit (brag mat and tshirt) if there are still any left, you will in anycase receive an official measuring device and the unique item. Entry forms not correctly filled out will render the entrants ineligible for the prize and trophy draw. All entrants must report to the Event HQ before commencing fishing in the competition to receive the event briefing and sign Competitor Participation form. The Event HQ will be open from 8am - 12pm each day to report for briefing and submit entries of fish (if you need to turn up outside these hours to be briefed and submit entries you may need to contact an event staff member to ensure someone is around). Upon successfully reporting to the Event HQ each angler will receive a unique Competitor Number which will be used to identify them throughout the competition. Ensure you keep this number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in a possible lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

BOUNDARIES:

The fishing competition will take place on the Brunswick River, Brunswick Heads, NSW. The boundaries for the competition are the river mouth bar and the upper most limit of the Brunswick River. Bait can be collected before the time of the event, and outside these boundaries. Please note that all restrictions and fishing practices set by the NSW DPI are to be adhered to, although as this is a catch, photo and release event oversized and undersized fish can be submitted.. Entrants may fish anywhere in between these limits. Entrants are advised to seek authority from private owners if intending to fish from the bank of privately owned land.

STATE OF ORIGIN:

To decide the winning State in the State of Origin, each state will receive State Points on each place for each category. So once all entries have been submitted, the competitor that wins each place will receive State Points for the State they are representing. The State Points will be tallied up and the winning State will be the one with the most points.

• 1st Place = 15 State Points

• 2nd Place = 10 State Points

• 3rd Place = 5 State Point

• 1 State Point also for every Flathead or Bream weighed in that does not take out a place.

PRIZES:

There will be alot of prizes on offer (including the cash prizes) for all categories as well as some fantastic fishing gear, tackle and accessories. At this stage we are still finalising the fishing gear prizes which we hope to have finalised in the next two weeks

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

1) LONGEST BREAM

This category will consist of any Pikey or Yellowfin Bream. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Bream over the course of the competition.

1st: $500 Cash and Novelty Cheque and Tackle Pack (with more to be unveiled soon)

2nd: Tackle and Accessories (with more to be unveiled soon)

3rd: AFO Merchandise Pack

2) LONGEST FLATHEAD

This category will consist of any Flathead species. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Flathead over the course of the competition.

1st: $500 Cash and Novelty Cheque and Tackle Pack (with more to be unveiled soon)

2nd: Tackle and Accessories (with more to be unveiled soon)

3rd: AFO Merchandise Pack

3) LUCKY DOOR FISH

This prize will be drawn from any fish species that has been entered correctly as per the AFO Standard Event Terms and Conditions. The fish will be randomly drawn from the submitted entries and is not based on size or quality of fish but luck. The more fish entered the more chances of winning!

1st: $100 Cash and Novelty Cheque

4) WINNING STATE

This prize will be presented to the State that accumulates the most State Points and wins the State of Origin fishing competition.

1st: Certificate to all members of winning State team

(Note: photo entry allows for undersized/ oversized fish as per the AFO Standard Event Terms and Conditions)

LUCKY DOOR PRIZES:

There will be a lucky door prize at this event. At the prize presentation, we will put all Competitor Numbers into a hat and draw it randomly. Good luck!

NSW JURISDICTION:

• All fish entered must comply with NSW legal sizes

• It is the competitor's responsibility to have a valid NSW fishing permit/licence and may be asked to show it to event organisers at their Event Briefing

STANDARD EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

By agreeing to compete in the 2010 State of Origin fishing competition you also agree to our Standard Event Terms and Conditions which can be found Here

EVENT REGISTRATION:

Registration is done by going to www.australianfishing.com.au and click on Competitions > Event Registration from the main menu or simply following this link here. Now simply follow the easy process and pay online

{xtypo_info}

If paying direct deposit our bank details are:- Bank Name: Bank of Qld

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124 001

Account Number: 20881585

and you MUST put your Event Name and Competitor Name in the transaction description/ reference. eg SOO-D.SMITH (eg SOO for State of Origin and D.SMITH for David Smith)

Please make all cheques/money orders payable to ‘Brisbane Fishing Online’ and note that your registration will only occur after money has cleared into our account. Post cheques and money orders to Brisbane Fishing Online, PO Box 1574 Milton Qld 4064

{/xtypo_info}

Registration fee payments can be done by Paypal, Direct Deposit, Cheque and Money Order (cash only if paying and registering at the event)

Please make sure you read and understand the information and rules above as well as our Standard Event Terms and Conditions before registering. If you experience any problems registering please email the admin team or post in the State of Origin forum category

Enter Now!

Travis wrote:

Is it just bream and flattie this year or is there more to be added?

Ha ha it says i can register in 1970.... Coin transferred anyway :woohoo:

Hey Trav. I thought with your efforts last year the 2 species would be highly acceptable :)

But seriously, about the 90% of all catches last year fell under these categories so the event organisers decided to improve the quality of prizes for these two categories. This did mean reducing the number of categories.

The Lucky Door Fish is an interesting one though. It gives any and all anglers in the competition a chance at a $100. Just by submitting any catch you make you are in with a chance.

I am really hoping to juggle uni and work and get down there this year!!!

Angus

Ya right Shortie it is a good looking trophy, unlike the bloke who donated it!! :laugh: :laugh:

It is engraved mate, this was taken before hand, don't worry NSW is the first engraving and it won't be the last i can tell ya!! :lol::lol:

In fact i'll have to get it engraved with NSW again this year I reckon!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Cheers :laugh: :laugh:

tomca wrote:

right around the time Nickers baby is due........game fishing?

For god's sake don't bring Nickers down to NSW until the baby is born - we don't want another Mexican in AFO.

Then next year the baby can have its birthday and fish for the Maroons!

Angus wrote:

Travis wrote:
Is it just bream and flattie this year or is there more to be added?

Ha ha it says i can register in 1970.... Coin transferred anyway :woohoo:

Hey Trav. I thought with your efforts last year the 2 species would be highly acceptable :)

But seriously, about the 90% of all catches last year fell under these categories so the event organisers decided to improve the quality of prizes for these two categories. This did mean reducing the number of categories.

The Lucky Door Fish is an interesting one though. It gives any and all anglers in the competition a chance at a $100. Just by submitting any catch you make you are in with a chance.

I am really hoping to juggle uni and work and get down there this year!!!

Angus

Yeah another 1am marina bash on the cards?? ha ha :laugh:

Im all good with the species i was just wondering is all.... think the door prize is a goer too....

Beach fishos maxi?? i thought the comp was restricted to the river this year??

Maxi youd better get another trophy made up for me again this year :laugh:

With bream and flattie the only species on offer i rekkon scrote will be hard to muscle 2 years in a row on the breambos.....

Malcolm wrote:

dassa wrote:
Got a cabin booked for this year I'm not freezing my but of again.Bring it on

Freezing?

I didn't feel a thing last year :laugh:

Ha ha i bet!! but you also didnt rise and shine till midday :laugh: all good ill be swaged next to your tent so ill kick you in the guts every morning if you want ??? :laugh:

Travis wrote:

Malcolm wrote:
dassa wrote:

Freezing?

Ha ha i bet!! but you also didnt rise and shine till midday :laugh: all good ill be swaged next to your tent so ill kick you in the guts every morning if you want ??? :laugh:

My guess is you will kick me in the guts weather I want or not :unsure:

Malcolm wrote:

Travis wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
dassa wrote:

Freezing?

My guess is you will kick me in the guts weather I want or not :unsure:

No no, maybe a pike or something tho... i doubt there will be and spare sandies floating around :laugh:

maxi wrote:

what about the beach fishos... ????

what do they do ????

the tailor r here then...

I have to agree this is not my comp but believe it could really be something.

The more options the better.

You would not need more prize categories just different ones and offshore should be in too.

Open it up to all fisho's I reckon

more options would be good to get a good comp going between diffrent fishing groups like the boaties beachos and offshore guys, but i also like where the comps are heading in terms of welthier prizes, as the years go on hopefully the prizes and categories keep growing

dassa wrote:

Malcolm wrote:

Freezing?

I didn't feel a thing last year

Travis wrote:

Ha ha i bet!! but you also didnt rise and shine till midday all good ill be swaged next to your tent so ill kick you in the guts every morning if you want ???

Malcolm wrote:

My guess is you will kick me in the guts weather I want or not

Travis wrote:

No no, maybe a pike or something tho... i doubt there will be and spare sandies floating around

Hey mal queenslanders no brain no pain :P:P or did that have somthing to do with the amount of shorties home brew you drank

GO YOU GOOD BLUE BOYS

I can see a big red target coming up and a dead ant :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dassa wrote:

dassa wrote:

Malcolm wrote:

Freezing?

I didn't feel a thing last year

Travis wrote:

Ha ha i bet!! but you also didnt rise and shine till midday all good ill be swaged next to your tent so ill kick you in the guts every morning if you want ???

Malcolm wrote:

My guess is you will kick me in the guts weather I want or not

Travis wrote:

No no, maybe a pike or something tho... i doubt there will be and spare sandies floating around

Hey mal queenslanders no brain no pain :P:P or did that have somthing to do with the amount of shorties home brew you drank

GO YOU GOOD BLUE BOYS

I can see a big red target coming up and a dead ant :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That brew worked for me, dunno if thats what effected mal :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A lot of guys Iv'e been talking too, reckon that the beaches should be included north to Wooyung and south to Tyagrah,also that tailor and jew fish should be added to the target species?? :)

What does everyone else think?? :)

Cheers :):)

hey Trav

the trophy has ur name on it mate, only one of them and its all yours... enjoy !!!... :woohoo:

there will be another custom trophy this yr for sure guys .....

im a bit concerned about the boundaries and 2 species rule i must....admit... :blink::huh:

with all rules taken into account ....

this is still only a small estuary in the grand scheme of things...

to introduce extended boundaries and an extended species list would be far more beneficial other than detrimental to this special little system.......

there's not many systems that u can target bass and jacks in, in the same 2 hrs ....

scrote got a jack last year ...im not saying make jacks a list fish, just making a point as to the diversity of this system ......

....worth some consideration in my books .....

Archived