fishing heals everything!

eg_vtec

so i woke this morning for tafe when i discovered my car has been broken into. they took my gps with all my fishing spot x on it but along with that my wallet and my tafe bag which had everything for tafe. all my files were lost which made me very sad. i decided to go fishing to take my mind of things. called my friend and within 30mins we were on our way.

headed down to coast at one of the canals we usually fish. we got there at 11 30 before low tide. it was a very quite first hr until boom my soft plastic got smashed on surface. it was a good 3min run until my jig head hook decided to bend straight so i lost it.. =( made my day worse! but no doubt it was a decent size trev. i trusted tt jig head so much. after that me and my friend were catching small flattys and releasing them until boom i had another incredible smash. this time the fish ran me straight to the pylons my line was full rubbing into the pylon until snap it couldnt take it no more. after this it was very quite for a good two hrs. we were about to give up until i decided to use one of my fav colour minnow. after a few cast i hooked onto something great! after seeing the fish i was jumping with joy inside! it was a very big flathead. my pb on lures! this definately made my day.. it turned out to be 79cm and after taking pictures we put it back into the water.

this was definately one trip i wont forget. but after this we pack up and headed home. feel much better after a **** start. i love fishing!

this is my first report so go easy! i did not relise i had handle the fish wrong until i looked at the picture. sorry if i offended anyone but next time i will take more care

here are the picss.. 2j4sne8.jpg

Hmmm, sorry to sound like a pessimist on this topic but for me, it seems that Fishing heals just about everything! Sorry to hear about your car mate, sounds like you had a tough morning. All I can say is Brilliant fish and Im glad fishing made your day better! (I wish it could do the same for me!)

that a nice flathead ,got to be happy with that a stonker .

shame about ya car and fishing gear .

seams to be more and more reports off theft these days.

got to play it safe .

leave nothing in the car .

lock everything up .

even if u have a 6 foot fence and dogs ,they will jump it and nick your stuff .

u got to be a bit paranoid these days .

i don't even leave much fuel in my cars these days .

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

that a nice flathead ,got to be happy with that a stonker .

shame about ya car and fishing gear .

seams to be more and more reports off theft these days.

got to play it safe .

leave nothing in the car .

lock everything up .

even if u have a 6 foot fence and dogs ,they will jump it and nick your stuff .

u got to be a bit paranoid these days .

i don't even leave much fuel in my cars these days .

thanks everyone for their kindness. :) luckily enough they did not steal my fishing gear lol i had my steez and alphas in the car but they did not take it. so i must say it was a sign to go fishing

kreel wrote:

What a great day: woke up - things happen - went fishing - fishing happened - caught truly magnificent fish - came home with a smile on that won't come off soon.

At least that's how I read your report, sounds great to me.

what's your pb flathead again kreel??? :P

I had my car broken into a while back, lost some stuff. Definitely sucks big time!!! Great fish, I'm sure next time you'll get one of the other things! Good looking spot too...

Archived