AFO members Segment Ideas

i think a land based segment would be a great inclusion, no particular species or location, maybe a few fresh sections and a few salt sections could attract a few more people into fishing and our website (shameless plugs for the site optional) :laugh: :laugh:

places like NPD can attract more funding for stocking and awareness of endangered species.

ive got a bit of jew/threadfin footage filmed already mick, working on a promo type vid, showing some tagging etc :cheer:

as for my suggestion,

lurecasting of course, you'd want something daytime as alot of night footage looks fairly average, maybe some local canal fishing for species other than bream (trevs on poppers, etc) i like a bit of slug spinning on dvd too, anything that shows the fish from cast to hookup

nadders wrote:

ive got a bit of jew/threadfin footage filmed already mick, working on a promo type vid, showing some tagging etc :cheer:

as for my suggestion,

lurecasting of course, you'd want something daytime as alot of night footage looks fairly average, maybe some local canal fishing for species other than bream (trevs on poppers, etc) i like a bit of slug spinning on dvd too, anything that shows the fish from cast to hookup

If anything is caught like my blue then you would need a dvd just for the one fish lol :laugh:

The bit about slug spinning on dvd

a lure and live bait session starting at the extended rock wall then the docks , boggy creek for flatty, and random structure on your way to the hamilton and city stretch at night for jew. i reckon there could be multiple species, bream,snapper,tailor, flatty, jew, thready, cod, grunter, jack, sharks and a surprise of some sort lol :laugh: cover what the river has to offer to both boat and land based, lure, live bait!

wesfish wrote:

a lure and live bait session starting at the extended rock wall then the docks , boggy creek for flatty, and random structure on your way to the hamilton and city stretch at night for jew. i reckon there could be multiple species, bream,snapper,tailor, flatty, jew, thready, cod, grunter, jack, sharks and a surprise of some sort lol :laugh: cover what the river has to offer to both boat and land based, lure, live bait!

Agreed!! great idea :laugh:

With regards to wesfish' idea. I kinda like it, but what about the fresh? could always throw in some bass and yellas into the mix. The Brisbane River has most anglers covered..

Species I've caught or seen caught: Mac tuna, Longtail Tuna, Tailor, QLD Gropers, Bull Sharks, Hammerhead Sharks, Threadfin, Jew, Bream, Barra, Bass, Yellowfin, Freshwater Cod, Estuary Cod, Giant Trevally, Grunter Bream, Snapper, Flathead,

If that isn't diversity and seriously has every fishery wrapped up, then I dunno what is.

Archived