Tugger spotted.

dhess

Went for a walk with Angus and the girls and my little boy down to Frenchman's at Straddie yesterday and who did we see?

Tugger. Can see that maroon bimini from a million miles away.

I wonder what he fish he cleaned up on this time? :Dtugger-20100701.jpg

you still get the reefies there but the current roars through there unless you get right up behind the rock and then you get back eddies that help get the baits on a nice drift down

dhess wrote:

Hey Tugger,

Does Boat Rock fish well for reefies in summer or is it mostly pelagics? Also whats the current like around there in summer?

ellicat wrote:

You should've given it a go Davey.

I don't mind them at all....much much better than a lot of fish like tailor, bream, hussar, flathead etc in my opinion.

I'll give a piece a try tonight let you all know how it tastes plenty of herbs or if anyone has any recipes for it,( Not like put in pot with a stone and boil for 4hr then throw the fish away and eat the stone) :laugh:

well ellicat after your post I've just fried a small piece, rolled it in flour with salt and pepper then fried in a pan with butter, I agree its okay Not snapper or Pearl pearch, it goes a colour similar to Tuna and tastes something like the flathead not a bad taste at all it would probably cook okay in a curry. Its been given a bad nickname I wouldnt be giving it to my mother in Law :unsure:

Archived