Coochie Sunday August 8

tomca

Met up with Keen-as-fisho at the ferry terminal just before 6am for a flick around Coochiemudlo Island. As we were about to launch that bloke Tacklebox turned up with his girlfriend Kreel. Luckily they had their kayaks and fishing gear stacked all over their car so decided to join us out on the water. After waiting about 4 hours for Kreel to fluff around like all chicks do, we started the short trip across to the island.

IMGP0862.jpg

Just past the cardinal in about 9 metres of water I dropped a 4" snapback plastic over the side onto a bit of a gravel patch and pulled up a little pink rat

IMGP0859.jpg

Getting a few hits and catching a few fish, I tied on a damiki vault to my other rod and tried out one of the lures I acquired off Zim-man and did not diminish my catch rate

IMGP0860.jpg

By this time T/box and kreel were over by the south east corner of the island and keen-as was getting the sh!ts up as he was opening his own donut king just next to me :laugh:

Headed in close to the island to try and lure out a specimen for FOTM but sadly only managed a couple of half hearted hits from small flatties. Couldn't raise a strike around the jetty or the rocks. Headed out to the red beacon and dropped a moses perch next to the yak.

Greasy breakfast on the island and back out to fish some of the moored boats. And pulled some more squire on the Damiki Vaults

IMGP0863.jpg

Keen-as did his best and caught what I identified as a rock cod after a very sluggish fight

:PIMGP0865.jpg

I haven't been to Coochie since January, and have never really done any good there, but it was nice for a change of scenery and I caught a few fish to keep it interesting, even if I was raiding the nursery

Fishing the nursery again it seem's the only way you can handle fish because the one's we hook in my tinnie are way to big for you to handle :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P

and happy birthday for yesterday old boy ;)

who did that bloke tacklbox and girl friend kreel do? :laugh: :laugh:

So on to the fishing, I was actually targeting Snapper for the morning, maybe a flathead if the opportunity arose. But as they say "the best laid plans" - all I could manage for the morning was a despicable pike. I had pedaled half way round the island right to the north east corner and lots of weed but only one fish and a pike at that - breakfast on the island called.

[br] P1000421.jpg

... while the matronly Pussca stood in the shade and finished her iced coffee. As it turns out they weren't jimjams but a cosy cardigan. I have to comment what a devilishly stylish skirt you have on Pussca. On the other hand why the weird black stockings?

[br] P1000422.jpg

My strike rate was through the roof I was pulling up weed-fish after weed-fish, I did however manage only the one rock-fish. Then just when I thought I had this fishing (or is it weeding) thing sussed - Tacklebox pulls in a Flounder and I could sense things were about to change...

[br] P1000427.jpg

tomca wrote:

so Raptis fish markets were still open on your way home?

Oh so bitter from such an adorable old bird.

Malcolm wrote:

well done kreel

what an awesome looking day

Thanks Malc, yeah silliness aside it was a beautiful day - the water glassed out and the cool of the morning soon burned off with the sun coming up. The fishing was pretty hard all morning and no-one was getting anywhere real quick but the afternoon brought on a short but productive session. The company was pretty good too as always.

kreel wrote:

... while the matronly Pussca stood in the shade and finished her iced coffee. As it turns out they weren't jimjams but a cosy cardigan. I have to comment what a devilishly stylish skirt you have on Pussca. On the other hand why the weird black stockings?

[br] P1000422.jpg

He definitely didn't raid my wardrobe for that shocking skirt!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Nickers wrote:

kreel wrote:

[br] P1000422.jpg

He definitely didn't raid my wardrobe for that shocking skirt!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

You're a woman of obvious style and grace Nickers. Pussca on the other hand is a woman in her sunset years and with a more... relaxed sense of style - it would be ludicrous to suggest that Pussca's more... robust figure could fit into your svelte outfits. I suspect Pussca buys most of her couture from the House of Allt.

Archived