712ULFS Luvias 1-3Kg and 'Custom' Caldia Pics

Mr FeLiX

Just a few pics of my new setup,

13082010_AFO.jpg

2506 Caldia with red RCS cork knob, spooled with EGi braid, now Rockfish PE

13082010003_AFO.jpg

The same 2506 Caldia fitted with the new to Aus 2506 7Kg spool and RCS handle and Sunline Castaway 10Pnd braid

13082010006_AFO.jpg

1-3 Kg Luvias with 'Custom' 2506 Caldia

As a note, this spool is apparently new to Aus, purchased from FishHead today. Apparently I may be one of the only Caldia owners in Aus to be sporting 7 Kg drag systems on this particular reel

For those who don't seem happy and think I am showing off, I brought the 2506 spool because it is functional, lightweight and enables me to switch to a heavier class of braid should the need arise. I will not be parading it down every jetty, boardwalk and spit.

It is the only one I found in my area, no-one had the 2506 'air spool' models.

I apoligise if you find this post offensive or showy

post-6829-144598530374_thumb.jpg

post-6829-144598530715_thumb.jpg

post-6829-14459853072_thumb.jpg

I originally brought the setup as a bream/flattie rod, and having come across a few bigger fish already, I realised it would be pretty important to walk quietly but carry a big stick so to speak.

The 7Kg of drag will be a great help if I wish to target school jew/flatties and trevally etc, and will give me slightly more confidence in the outfit.

Mr FeLiX wrote:

I originally brought the setup as a bream/flattie rod, and having come across a few bigger fish already, I realised it would be pretty important to walk quietly but carry a big stick so to speak.

The 7Kg of drag will be a great help if I wish to target school jew/flatties and trevally etc, and will give me slightly more confidence in the outfit.

Did a big mean fishy scare you down the coomera the other day? :laugh: :laugh:

Scope wrote:

Mr FeLiX wrote:

Did a big mean fishy scare you down the coomera the other day? :laugh: :laugh:

Haha, yeah Jonno, think I got smoked by an XOS Breambo or Cod on the 4 Pnd Rockfish PE. Pity, I liked that ghostblade too :laugh:

katfish wrote:

is it just the caldia, or can I put that awesome spool on my sol/certate or other mid priced real four reels

that looks like a sweet combo, would you mind revealing where & how much for the luvias 1-3kg,& that spool. cheers

you can fit those rcs spool on most real4 Daiwa. so sol, certate etc. will be able to fit them.

cheers

hai ho

katfish wrote:

is it just the caldia, or can I put that awesome spool on my sol/certate or other mid priced real four reels

that looks like a sweet combo, would you mind revealing where & how much for the luvias 1-3kg,& that spool. cheers

Yeah mate,

They should fit all the Real Four reels. I got the Luvias from tackle warehouse for around the $400 mark, and the RCS spool came from FishHead, set me back about $150 I think.

FishHeasd are the only place I know of, and I think they only have one 2506 in stock now, a blue one. I may be wrong though.

I know it's fairly 'blingy'so to speak Elops, but I figure when I upgrade the Caldia I can retrofit these RCS parts to any Real Four reel, so it's really an investment :laugh:. I was aware the castaway would break at somewhere slightly lower than the stated breaking strain at the leader knot, but after using 8 ply braids, and having better luck with the sunline products I figured I would stick with what I know and trust.

yeah fishhead are the only one that stock them atm. i visited them this morning and picked up the last one. haha thanks fo the post mr felix. been waiting for these spool. if anyone is interested though one of the fishhead members said they are getting them in and should have some by tuesday i think they said.

cheers

hai ho

eg_vtec wrote:

yeah fishhead are the only one that stock them atm. i visited them this morning and picked up the last one. haha thanks fo the post mr felix. been waiting for these spool. if anyone is interested though one of the fishhead members said they are getting them in and should have some by tuesday i think they said.

cheers

hai ho

Did you find the bearing/bushing on the main shaft is a tight fit beneath the spool?

It was on my Caldia, what are you putting yours'on?

eg_vtec wrote:

fit over with no problems. i put it on my steez. however am dissapointed that it is a tad heavier then the 2508 steez spool. the old rcs spool is much much lighter. but looks cool hahaha.

hai ho

The bloke there was trying to sell me a Steez spool for my Caldia too, 2508. It was the only spool they had in that size to fit my Caldia, and then I found the new RCS spools.

I don't imagine there would be that much of a weight difference? Mine is slightly heavier too, when compared to the original Caldia spool. Seems very solidly built.

Perhaps the updraded drag in these particilar spools adds the little bit of excexx weight?

I haven't had a chance to give mine a test run yet. Let me knoe how yours goes if you head out.

Cheers, Felix

hooked_on_trout wrote:

What do you mean by custom?

Is that the model or has it been customised after market?

I did a search on Caldia and did not find any similar looking to that.

cheers

Technically it's a Standard Caldia 2506 model.

I really should of been more specific. I've fitted it with the new RCS 2506 spool and the cork knob, hence the custom.

It's still a work in progress, few more bushings to replace/retrofit and possibly a W style handle also

Mr FeLiX wrote:

hooked_on_trout wrote:

cheers

I really should of been more specific. I've fitted it with the new RCS 2506 spool and the cork knob, hence the custom.

It's still a work in progress, few more bushings to replace/retrofit and possibly a W style handle also

sweet, love the cork handles.

cheers

hooked_on_trout wrote:

Mr FeLiX wrote:
hooked_on_trout wrote:

cheers

sweet, love the cork handles.

cheers

They're a lot more comfortable than the Neo style knob that comes with the 2506. Makes it hard to fish blades/plastics properly in my opinion. Given it a quick dry test at home, seems like it will significantly reduce the strain on my already buggered right hand :laugh:

Archived