Hitting the tweed on Sat 3/5 need suggestions?

dhess

Hey guys,

Planning on fishing from the northern Tweed rock wall from about 6am to 11am this saturday.

Planning on using WA pillies and livies if we are able to catch any. Any ideas for a good castnetting spot?

What species can I excpect to encounter? I am assuming tailor, jew, bream and trevally.

Will also take the lure rod and a selection of plastics.

Would really appreciate any suggestions on the best plan of attack.

Dom

gtet as close to the end as you can when you first get there and go for tailor from the end or surf side then move over to the river side when the tailor go off or the surfies get to thick(they put up a great fight if you hook one:evil: ). if you've got heavy gear put out a just legal tailor live or a whole fillet for jew and fish for bream with your second rod, for bream and jew dont cast out into the middle of the river they are prowling the rocks at your feet casting out too far puts you on a big fishless sandy desert. if vyou've got them take a few spinners ant try for trevally if the bream arent co-operating.

oh yeah dont use swivels, let your sinker(ball sinkers only) run straight onto your hook you'll get a hell of a lot less snags especially fishing close in for bream.

Possible change of plan.

First I find out no casts nets, next that I need to get a fishing license:silly: . What a pain in the but.

I think we will just go to the southport seaway.

Should be alright shouldn't it?, or do you guys thing the tweed is worth the extra hassle?

Mate if you can get there earlier it would be good.

Full moon Boyds Bay Bridge with light spin gear you'll find a school of chopper tailor. Non stop action last time I was there.

At the mouth and along the wall don't forget you SP's with big jig heads and green tails for some GT's and big eyes.

hey mate,

if your getting there at 6am you should be right to pick up a licence form a bait shop/convenience store... otherwise you can get them online

/>https://pnpnet.qvalent.com/OnlinePaymentServlet?cd_community=NSWFISH&cd_supplier_business=NSWFISHERIES&cd_currency=AUD

good luck...

Archived