ewen maddock dam prefish big bass

pcsolutionman

Nodds and I hit ewen maddock late this afternoon for a prefish and explore before meeting up with some of you guys and some other there on Monday. I couldnt make it to the dam with the yaks until just after 4pm, nodds had already been there sometime and had been walking the bank without so much as a touch. By the time I arrived nodds had given up on fishing the bank and had dozed of in the car. So a quick yell to awaken the sleeping beast to help me unload the yaks was needed. I spotted a likely looking spot across the dam so i headed for a troll over there first pass and was smashed by a monster that took several long hard runs before being boarded this fish went 47cm fork length and was in top nick. nodds rushed over took a few pics and the fish was released. I trolled back over the same spot a couple more times and on my third pass I was on again. This fish was even bigger and pulling like a train finally pulled a 50cm fork length beauty into the yak. I thought the first fish was fat but this thing was like a yellowbelly it was so fat. It would have been a good 500 grams heavier than the first fish, would have gone over 2kg's. The light started to fade about 30 mins later so we headed back and were off the water by dark.

A very good result considering it was our first fish at the dam and only had 2 hours.

I got both my fish on the same deep diver I use at baroon. I wasnt sure if there was going to be enough water under me for some of my deeper divers but I found some deeper parts without hitting the ever present weed.

For those who are joining us on monday we will be putting in on the northern side on connection rd. The gate does not open till 6am so we will be meeting then.

some pics

first fish that went 47cm fork

Post edited by: pcsolutionman, at: 2007/05/03 19:56

Post edited by: pcsolutionman, at: 2007/05/03 23:08

post-1283-144598413873_thumb.jpg

Theres varying stories about Ewan Maddock, some say your not allowed to fish there, some say canoes only, Sweetwater say because of some exotic weed pest there the dam may is shut to all watercraft, bank fishing only and for more up to date info contact the Caloundra City Council on (07) 5491 0200.

There is no ramp indicated on the sweetwater map.

Ewen madoc dam entrance is on the left about 800m along Mooloolah conection Rd. If travling north on Steve Erwin Way ( Old Glasshouse Mountains Rd)just north of Landsbourough you will see Ewen Madoc dam on your left just before the Big Kart Track, keep going a few more kms till you see a servo on your rite (bp I think?) opp servo is Moolooah Connection Rd. Once on Moolooah Connection Rd go passed the bowls club and BMX club both on hte left, then you will see the Ewen Madoc Dam entrance on your left and a cement building ( pump shed) once you enter the park STAY to the left and follow it all the way to the end.

Dam park is open between 6am and 8pm 7 days a week.

Acsess is only permited by paddle craft or bank fishing.

Hope to see you all thereB)

nodds:)

Archived