BRC 2010 - anyone yakking it?

Rocket75

OK so the BRC is only 1 week away :woohoo: & I'm trying to put together a plan of attack.

WIth my recently reconstructed knee still recovering :pinch: I'm unsure if I'll be able to fish from my kayak for any or all of the comp.

If there are other Entrants who are yakking I'd be glad to hear from you with the view to maybe forming a group to fish together (both for company and safety on the busy Bris river).

In the event that there are no other yakkers keen to fish together, I'll most likely be limited to landbased sessions :unsure: or hoping to score a deckie spot.

Please reply here or PM me if you are keen join forces for a yak attack or if you have a deckie spot that I might be able to fill for some or all of the event.

thanks

rod

if i do make it to the BRC, i will be in the canoe .

i don't have a tow car atm ,.

the cruiser is out of rego and most likely getting retired and the new car is not ready ,Mazda has no towbar and the boss doesn't really want a towbar on it .

so not boat, so soft roof racks ( they are so handy ,one of the best thing i bought )and canoe on the roof is my on the water option .

Tez, I' m thinking of heading over for the sign on first thing and having a paddle/peddle till about midday, fishing the areas not too far from the HQ launch area...how's that sound mate? I've got to go to the knee surgeon in the arvo for follow up, so I can't fish the arvo.

I'll prob take up a deckie offer on Sat/Sun if they are still available, but would be good to get back on the yak and test out the knee.

rod

Hope to see you there Grant and Tez.

I'll be aiming to get there for the opening of proceedings, but with traffic to battle and a 4 month old at home, I might not be spot on time so fingers crossed we all meet up before we hit the water and go in opposite directions :(;)

If it's pissin down I may re-assess my priorities when I get there too :)

rod

Archived