BRC - The Walrus Clan

crazywalrus

Day 1 Picked the kids up from school and set off to fishos to launch the boat. Did not bother with the livies and parked up at the pipeline to try and catch the big one.

A likely looking beenie wearing guy rocks up at the pylons and starts puling in bream after bream. Jacob wanted to pinch their spot but we stayed put. It was good to meet you fishguru and co. There was not much happening with Jacob catching a small thready or putty nose perch?

We where going to fish into the nights but the starboard light blew again so we went home to sleep.

post-7418-144598546236_thumb.jpg

Day 2. This day did not start well. Got to fishos and loaded up the boat. I had all the rods up in the holders bar one. I put the kids in the boat and Jacob picks up the anchor only to drop it on the end of my Rod. Not happy Jan :S and a couple of expletives may have been said. Anyway I quickly got over this and caught some great sized poddys on the way to pipeline. All the familiar faces where there.

Jacob was in a mood at this stage and would not stay still. Declan the little champ got his rod ready and started fishing by himself. It wasn't long before Declan picked a nice little GT and he was stoked. Meanwhile Jacob kept realing his line in. His rod had lost a guide and was stripping the mono so I gave him my rod and said to him be carefull. Well that was a mistake. He got the @$#@ and smacked the rod tip on the end of the boat and snapped it off. At this stage I was fuming. I was contemplating weather Faulked needed some more shark bait but I eventually calmed down.

post-7418-144598546252_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598546263_thumb.jpg

In the meantime Declan was onto a legal squire and on top of the moon. It was not long and he was onto a bigger specimen. It put up a great fight for him and took a few minutes to get it to the boat with some awesome runs. He boats a good sized Jew fish 71cm his first. A quick call to Ellicat to check the legal size and then a had to break the bad news to Declan. Declan picked up a large cattie and a good sized stingray which gave his little arms a great work out. I was really proud how he fought these fish. The Training is paying off. It took a while for the Jewie to come good so we hooked it up to a line and let it swim around the boat quietly until it came good. Took about 30 mins to swim upright again.

post-7418-144598546275_thumb.jpg

Well two rods down, a third with a missing guide I decided to go to Bias boating for new Nav lights and Tackle Warehouse for repairs. Ashley hooked me up (thanks mate) with new tips and a new rod. Setup the the lights in the Bias Boating carpark and back to fishing.

Hooked up with Faulked, Cubbstar, Ellicat and Shaun in shark central. The kids chased small crabs for a while, while I enjoyed a beer and Jason gave me tips on throwing a cast net. (thanks mate) Shaun and I went to the Poo shot for some herring and we head off to the pipeline. Nothing much happening there. Ellicat tied up for a chat for a while. Jacob pulled in a little bream but he did not hook it. The line was loosely wrapped around its fins. what a fluke. Night time had set in and Jacob was getting tired and still in a mood. The kids got a tangle and in the process I broke the end of the new rod purchased a few hours before. Hmmm I think I swore but I Ellicat could confirm that.

After that we head down the river to catch up with Dazza, Hulk, scope and Granth at Brecky creek. Just a pike eel caught there.

post-7418-144598546285_thumb.jpg

Day 3. This was pretty slow day. Anchored up on the pipeline only to watch the boat next to us boat a few threadys. I had my bait out and picked up a good sized Cattie. Just before heading home the big rod goes off with an awesome run. I grab it and have a great fight only to loose it a minute later. The leader looked like someone had hit it with sandpaper.

post-7418-144598546302_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598546312_thumb.jpg

I had a great time and would like to thank Angus and John for organising it, Scope for bringing the weber Q and the sponsors for the prises. Yet another quality AFO function. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

PS I was a little troubled about some of the folk in AFO crowd. Does anybody know this Lady in Drag :evil: :whistle:

post-7418-144598546295_thumb.jpg

Great weekend there Ted - a pleasure to fish with you as always. Shame about your rods but thems the breaks - In a few years you won't even remember them, just the time you spent fishing with the young fellas!

Congrats to you and Dec on the prizes too!

Jono

Nice report, Ted. Great to meet you and the kids. I guess we all learned something down at the pipeline over the week-end: you learned a few fishing techniques from Declan; you learned to lay your rods down BEFORE attempting to sneak under the pipeline; and the rest of us there learned a few new expletives from yourself :lol:

The other lesson was that your best chance of getting the quality fish is to get in a bit closer to the structure than the port authorities would allow. Maybe we need the government to set up a few "artificial ports" like they do with artificial reefs?

Good luck at Monduran and hope to see you out on the ater again soon.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Archived