First outing and PB Cod.

pinkey

My mate and myself took our newly acquired tinny out for the first time today, we are very pleased with how it performed. Just fished the northern Goldy for a few hours and got Cod, Bream and Squire. Was happy to land after a very good fight my PB cod @ 54cm beating my old one by 2cm and funnily enough on the same model lure and same colour, my favourite pink Threadybuster Jnr. The fish had me bricked for almost 10minutes but a lot of patience and leccy work we finally managed to convince him to come out.

post-1500-14459854823_thumb.jpg

post-1500-144598548242_thumb.jpg

Nice cod mate. That is one of my top five yakkin spots. Did you have a brush with any jacks or trevs?

Nah, was hoping to. But the tide was low and a the water was a bit dirty which I think put them off a bit so we opted to jig the bait schools and I pulled this Cod out of the center of the canal not towards any rocks which was strange, however It still bricked me on something :cheer: . Thanks.

awesome fish mate! What lb leader you use on the cod?

Thanks mate, 20lb. It's about as heavy as I like going on the setup I was using, a steez stormshadow 4 - 10lb and a luvias 2500 with 15lb super pe. Even thought the line is reasonably heavy, it's still a light rod so it's good fun hooking solid fish.

Nice one TIm!

Its funny what you said about the location of the cod. Brian D used to troll up some beast cod in the same location right from the middle and last time I was there with Franco here nailed a 60cm+ fish from the middle. Seems they get around!

Nice one.

Angus

Archived