Power Pro

Artifishal

Hey guys, has anyone or does anyone use Power Pro braid? I am waiting on 300yrds of 15lb to arrive that i got off eBay (I cant believe it shows ebay as a spelling error until you change to a B :laugh: ). The guy sells it for a pretty good price (about $45 inc post for 300yrd) so I thought I'd give it a try. Can anyone tell me if its any good?

I guess I'm gonna find out anyway :P

Cheers

Brad

Having 30lb power pro fail Tina when she needed it the most means I won't be buying any in future. Lost a decent barra boatside after it snapped randomly. Could be a bad batch for all I know but I won't be taking any chances. That said a lot of people have used it successfully so give it a try.

i like it and it is pretty popular in the states. They are being sued in the states by Pure fishing for patent violations and apparently if they win there are huge ramifaciations for all braid manufacturers around the world. Power pro is owned by Shimano for those that dont know.

it's good stuff for sure, eug i'm confident enough to make the call that you had a bad batch or had a nick in it etc, only bad experience ive had with powerpro was a massive birdy on a brand new spool of 30lb as its quite thick and springy until worn in.

but i've used it for over a year now from 10lb -> 30lb and i'm happy to keep using it

cheers

Dan

it's good stuff for sure, eug i'm confident enough to make the call that you had a bad batch or had a nick in it etc, only bad experience ive had with powerpro was a massive birdy on a brand new spool of 30lb as its quite thick and springy until worn in.

but i've used it for over a year now from 10lb -> 30lb and i'm happy to keep using it

cheers

Dan

Hey Dan, I'm interested in getting some for the price. One question.... when you use it for a while, does it polish up or does it go furry? I've noticed some braids get slicker with use and some look like santy claus's whiskers.

I have used it for years. Probably cos I get it cheap, saying that it has never let me down! I shop for power pro or tuff line xp with an eBay store called shimreels. They are an international store so delivery can take a while but when you get 300yds for 30ish dollars delivered who cares. I like to keep my money within Australia but I don't like getting ripped off.

i got a 1500 yrd spool of 30lb from the states, i've used it on the bait caster for jacks, on egg beaters for snapps and everything in between, even had sharks (busted off on oysters though) great for knot strenth, no wind knots. if bought from the stated in that yardige probably the most cost effective, decent quality line available.

I'm still waiting for it, they guy posted it Monday from the GC and said I would have it by Tuesday arvo.... Does it usually take Aust Post this long to get it that far? I was hoping to have it before Sunday.

Coming from the GC I would have thought you would have it the following day, or Wed max.

I've found eastern states to be pretty quick but WA and NT are always delivered by camel.

Archived