Monster SA Snapper

BigAsh

Hi Guys

i had the call up from Angus via Facebook suggesting i put up some BIG snapper pics/reports

i fish the waters of Arno Bay in Spencer Gulf SA & we are in the middle of snapper season now

we have a month long ban of fishing for snapper in november from 12pm 1st till 12pm on the 30th

the 1st day back on the snapper on the 30th is mind blowing.

I had IFish TV show filming with me for the 1st couple of days this season, with Paul Worsteling, & cricketers Cameron White & John Hastings. heaps of Big snapper landed with a few over the 20lb/9kg mark, Cameron got an absolute monster at the end of the day, went 101cm & 17kg on a hard body lure awesome fish. Paul landed about 6-8 snapper on a ring spanner with split rings & assist hooks.

here's Cammo's monster, this fish was tagged & released

20101201JohnHastingsCameronWhiteworstelingsnapper.jpg

mate that looks like some great fishing and iam sure you have found one of the ugly snappers i have ever seen,when does show go to air.

i think the 1st episode will be in feb/march

there will be more than 1 show done from te 2 days fishing.

we also get to see a few of these monsters, this 1 about 14ft

20101230WhitePointer.jpg

20101230WhitePointer6.jpg

20101230WuTangWhitePointer.jpg

Fantastic stuff. I wish they got this big up here. My biggest up here was a measly 9kg and that was a fish of a lifetime.

How deep is the water where you guys fish for snapper down there?

mate 9kg is a thumper fish in any area, a lifetime dream for many is the 20lb snapper.

we fish mainly 25-30mt of water & don't have huge tides or currents

cheers

BigAsh

is Paul hypo all the time or is it just on camera?

He's pretty much hypo all the time & isn't lost for words very often if at all?

he's a great guy, has time for anyone to have a chat & very well respected by those who know him

he's also pretty funny with a quick wit that keeps you on your toes

cheers

BigAsh

Wow.... that snapper on the 2-4kg w/ 2500 is AWESOME. That's the sorta crzy stuff I'd be trying.

Mate, will definitely be hitting you up for a fish when I'm next in Adelaide for work... usually I avoid the place, but with fishing like that I'll be there. Are you anywhere near the city mate?

Wow.... that snapper on the 2-4kg w/ 2500 is AWESOME. That's the sorta crzy stuff I'd be trying.

Mate, will definitely be hitting you up for a fish when I'm next in Adelaide for work... usually I avoid the place, but with fishing like that I'll be there. Are you anywhere near the city mate?

yeah we use some pretty line gear on the plastics 2500/3000 reels it's good fun

we are at Arno Bay which is halfway between whyalla & port lincoln on eyre peninsula.

5.5hrs drive from adelaide

cheers

BigAsh

got love jigging it just works so well

we actually have been getting quite a few fish on shimano butterfly jigs.

they should come on the market here soon.

55gm models seem best size on snapper, they have a whole range of actions available

cheers

BigAsh

Archived