2 Decky spots NPD Friday 18/2/11

rayke1938

Going to NPD on Friday mainly to catch redclaw.

6am start at end of Adestts Road Whiteside.

What to bring . Hat something to drink and eat.Esky to take your redclaw home in. I dont want any redclaw just want to get some shrimp to use for bait elsewhere.

If you drink tea or take sugar bring those.

What not to bring BANANAS.

I provide esky milk and coffee.

Cannot guarantee any fish but we wiil bait fish for gar and tilapia while waiting for pots to soak. So bring light gear and small hooks or else I can loan you some gear if you let me know.

Normally finish up sometime between 1 and 2 pm.

2 spots available.

Cheers

Ray

Forgot to mention if you intend to fish you do need a SIP which is avail on line but if you only redclaw no SIP is needed.If you do get a SIP please nominate NPD ( Lake Sampsonvale}as the recipient.

Cheers

Ray

Have a great day guys and good luck.

Also, sorry to go off topic a bit but are SIP's only required for fishing only? Say if I only went to an impoundment/catchment to catch redclaw I would not require a permit? I have no drama's paying for SIP's but sometimes I may take a friend who just wants to tag along for a feed of claws, do they need a permit or not? Just curious that's all, if it is a subject for another section please let me know and I can repost it, cheers. Jason.

Forgot to mention if you intend to fish you do need a SIP which is avail on line but if you only redclaw no SIP is needed.If you do get a SIP please nominate NPD ( Lake Sampsonvale}as the recipient.

Cheers

Ray

Have a great day guys and good luck.

Also, sorry to go off topic a bit but are SIP's only required for fishing only? Say if I only went to an impoundment/catchment to catch redclaw I would not require a permit? I have no drama's paying for SIP's but sometimes I may take a friend who just wants to tag along for a feed of claws, do they need a permit or not? Just curious that's all, if it is a subject for another section please let me know and I can repost it, cheers. Jason.

Yeah red clawing is not classed as fishing so there is no need to have a permit. Just be careful that the person does not pick up a rod and fish a little.

You guys are gonna have a blast with a good feed to boot :cheer: Ray is an awesome skipper and I'm positive you will want to do it again :). I know I do but i still have a few kgs left over from last trip we did. YUM YUM YUM.

crazywalrus wrote:Yeah red clawing is not classed as fishing so there is no need to have a permit. Just be careful that the person does not pick up a rod and fish a little.

Don't think they'll have to worry about that, cleaning the redclaw will keep you busy enough hahahah

Have fun guys, best of luck.

Cheers

Glenn

Archived