raven

Any other R/C nuts on AFO? In between fishing ventures, the bro-in-law and I have been mucking around with choppers for a bit and have recently invested in a HPI Vorza each - friggin weapon of a thing. Still figuring out how to drive it properly but interested to sus out other AFO'ers that may have caught the R/C bug...

I had ( have ) the RC bug.

Started with a cheap twin rotor heli , moved to 50size nitro and a 450 T-rex heli. Then decided i needed something to thrash when it was too windy. Enter the 1/10th nitro monster truck, not big enough so the mother of all off road rigs - HPI Baja 5B just as they came popular. spent about (a shitload) hopups and upgrades. 30cc 2 stroke pure fun !!

I was also the club photograpger , check out a couple of shots here

/>http://www.flickr.com/photos/74fpv/sets/72157617900418134/

3515331384_2a4567aa40.jpg

3712509606_e948bfcb9d.jpg

R/C are dangerous evil things, I bought a revo nitro car for around $1000 and one saturday morning on the way to work decided to take it to the browns plains bmx track to test it out on jumps....I was standing on the top of a berm and lost sight of the car. Took a couple of steps to move into a position i could see it (not looking where I was putting my feet) and fully snapped my leg in half bout 6 inches above my ankle, looked down to see my leg with a new right angle in it. 3 months off work and being a business owner cost me about 60 grand.

R/C are dangerous evil things, I bought a revo nitro car for around $1000 and one saturday morning on the way to work decided to take it to the browns plains bmx track to test it out on jumps....I was standing on the top of a berm and lost sight of the car. Took a couple of steps to move into a position i could see it (not looking where I was putting my feet) and fully snapped my leg in half bout 6 inches above my ankle, looked down to see my leg with a new right angle in it. 3 months off work and being a business owner cost me about 60 grand.

Yeah Yeah - that's a nice story....but what happened to the RC car ? :P

Yeah Yeah - that's a nice story....but what happened to the RC car ? :P

Sold the stupid thing, worst thing was I had just bought a brand new HSV GTS, had 600klm on the clock and being a manual couldn't drive it....lent it to my mate who worked for me and when I got it back had 5000klm on it and two scratched up rims.....sad sad story but I'm ok now.

Archived