prawning report 11/4

madmullet

decided to do something a little differant when taking the boat out. i decided to go prawning down the logan river sunday so i went to bcf and baught 10ft top pocket and a 9ft top pocket cast net. my mate jamie, his misses, my misses and i headed out around 2.00. we got to my fisrt spot and afer 20 cast each only got 25 or so so we moved on and started casting, and jamies net just hit the bottom and did his first tug to get the prawn into the top of the net and his rope gare way and went slack... he pulled the rope up and the bindings had given way... beepen beep beep beep. i carried on and on. tipical bcf crap.

anyway i continued casting and managed to get my net stuck in 27ft of water and riped the guts out of it....

well did i chuck a tanti:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: not only did one net get lost but destroyed the other... so what we have hear is

$139.00 = 10ft cast net

$100.00 = 9ft cast net

$40 = fuel for boat

$40 = fuel for car

=$319 for this

[attachment]C:\fakepath\trailer 017.jpg[/attachment]

1/4 bucket of prawn... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:angry: :angry: :angry:

yeh, to a silver service restuant at that

Look on the bright side at least you have an entree in that buckett :P $319.00 entree :P

Jokes my heart feels for you bro, and i mean that....

Look on the bright side at least you have an entree in that buckett $319.00 entree

:( :( :( :( :( :( :S :S :S :S

they better tast good tonight....

but i am goin down to bcf the savo and seeing if io can get a replacement see it was dodgy workmanship

Look on the bright side at least you have an entree in that buckett $319.00 entree

:( :( :( :( :( :( :S :S :S :S

they better tast good tonight....

but i am goin down to bcf the savo and seeing if io can get a replacement see it was dodgy workmanship

They are normaly very good BCF if you get no luck go to Head Office, then 90% of the time you will get a replacment. Good luck :)

she was good as gold about it. thank got she loves fishing and understands things go wronge from time to time....

will be eating them tonight

and by the way how do you do that copy thing that everyone does, that ways madmullet says

cheer,.... the cheers is in a box

Next to where you hit reply there is quote hit that instead of reply :)

she was good as gold about it. thank got she loves fishing and understands things go wronge from time to time....

and by the way how do you do that copy thing that everyone does, that ways madmullet says

Next to where you hit reply there is quote hit that instead of reply :) cheers

:blink: We are having scollops for dinner and wow they cost alot it cost 16.00 for 12 of them from a fish shop at robina. Im making a seafood dish with prawns, squid, fish, in a coconut cream sauce, hot :evil: ..... with rice and naan bread :woohoo: :pinch: wow its going to taste sooooooooo good.

ouch bad luck on the net's man that works out to be the worlds most expencive prawn's @$1200 a kg

Lol the Man is in enf pain lol its like rubbing salt into an open wound :pinch: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pitty about the nets mate but theres nothin like fresh bbq prawns.quality fresh seafood is worth every cent.

hey on another note i too recently bought a few cast nets myself from bcf. you know the 10 ft are actually a little over 9ft and the 9fts are 8fters. i took a tape measure in with me when i returned em and told the bcf manager at ipswich that i paid for a 9ft i want a 9ft so they gave me a 10 ft which measured 9ft and she (the manager says) yeah there aware of that, bloody bastards.so take a tape measure with ya that has imperial measurment on it and measure the net be for you buy and bring it to the managers attention.

pitty about the nets mate but theres nothin like fresh bbq prawns.quality fresh seafood is worth every cent.

hey on another note i too recently bought a few cast nets myself from bcf. you know the 10 ft are actually a little over 9ft and the 9fts are 8fters. i took a tape measure in with me when i returned em and told the bcf manager at ipswich that i paid for a 9ft i want a 9ft so they gave me a 10 ft which measured 9ft and she (the manager says) yeah there aware of that, bloody bastards.so take a tape measure with ya that has imperial measurment on it and measure the net be for you buy and bring it to the managers attention.

i will measure the one i got yesturday, cheers mick

prawns were on today and size has improved - mix of mediums and large bananas.

saltworks was the main area, plus slightly east of there near the macleay ferry terminal. got my bucket in a few hours, with the best hauls coming on the first of the runout. they were there all day, but schooled up better just after lunch.

no more than 20 boats all day, with only 6 or 7 left after lunch. found prawns in 6-10 metres of water today. pretty sure I had no tears either so that is a plus.

weather was perfect with hardly any wind.

marty

prawns were on today and size has improved - mix of mediums and large bananas.

saltworks was the main area, plus slightly east of there near the macleay ferry terminal. got my bucket in a few hours, with the best hauls coming on the first of the runout. they were there all day, but schooled up better just after lunch.

no more than 20 boats all day, with only 6 or 7 left after lunch. found prawns in 6-10 metres of water today. pretty sure I had no tears either so that is a plus.

weather was perfect with hardly any wind.

marty

nice work mate, is it snaggy around their

Archived