Threadybusters in the Bay

nadders

Hi guys,

Did a big trip this week which involved an offshore run and some bay flogging mixed in over a 2-day trip. Will keep this thread for the bay stuff

I still had one of Angus's nordic stage rods (the "favourite") on lend so I used it for the bay flogging and some inshore reef jigging. Though I had designs on it for the longtails and it was a bit different jigging with a 9 foot spin rod rather than a 6 foot baitcaster as per my normal style, I had a good time with it anyway, plenty of bending. Hooked a decent mac tuna on it actually which was going well until it stopped running fast with reasonable weight and started running much slower with insane weight before shredding my line lol. love sharks

We got a few nice snapper in the bay (63 biggest) jigging some ledges, vicious headshakes as always and it was good to get onto a few snaps after not fishing for them for a while. After the sun was up we also got some random reefies including: a little coral cod, some yellow sweetlip, a baby aj and some reasonable kingfish. Plenty of action with the 95mm in glow taking all of the credit for the snapper.

We ended up with 6 snapper ranging from 40-63cm and 3 kings from 60-75cm including the aforementioned small reefies.

photos:

p4140196.jpg

p4140197.jpg

p4140198.jpg

p4140201.jpg

p4150203.jpg

p4150212.jpg

p4150215.jpg

That's all for the bay catches, the offshore part of the trip is coming in the offshore section

cheers!

Dan

These photos make me miss the bay. Nice haul.

I have one question about using these lures, I've got a few... But how do you work them? I've used them a few times, but I notice they were coming in side ways when I work them?

I'd love to catch a barra or blue salmon or some other tropical species on them. I'll be sure to put the photos up...

These photos make me miss the bay. Nice haul.

I have one question about using these lures, I've got a few... But how do you work them? I've used them a few times, but I notice they were coming in side ways when I work them?

I'd love to catch a barra or blue salmon or some other tropical species on them. I'll be sure to put the photos up...

cheers for replies everyone-

baybasher, was in the northern bay

damien2rad, have not heard of that problem before, are you attaching them to the leader with a loop knot or tying hard to the top eyelet? which model of threadybusters do you have, the new range or the old?

Here is a link with some notes on how I work them:

/>http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=146949465365712

scroll down to near the bottom, though that page is set up for the new models the same principles apply for the old. i've recently had a few guys up north in townsville and cairns throwing the new ones at the barra and they have been cleaning up as you can see on the front page, i'm sure they wouldn't mind being asked for some tips as well on the Barra

cheers

Dan

Archived