Mooloolabah Sharking!

MoparKevUk

Went up to Mooloolabah for the weekend. Friday night on the beach next to the caravan park, Nothing! Saturday night same spot, 1 run, zero fish. Sunday night, big bit of mullet out on the $5 SeaForce rod, with narrow face Shimano loaded with 120yds of 20lb Crystal. Almost down to the backing when "Ding! Ding! Wiiiizzzzzzz". Grab it out of the rod holder and after a nice fight, here's me first proper Shark!!! (Is it a Bully?)

post-4325-144598613009_thumb.jpg

Being on me lonesome I couldn't get the trophy shot, so I re enacted it today;

post-4325-144598613014_thumb.jpg

Dehooked ok and returned to the water to grow up a bit!

Later I caught what I thought was a big ugly Flatty, but after doing UnderWaterWorld I realised it was a WobbeGong! (Also released ok)

post-4325-144598613019_thumb.jpg

So from the same bit of water I've now had Blind Sharks, a Bully(?) and a WobbeGong!

Thanks for looking!

good to see it fixed, and nice shark(s)! How do you fish up there? i.e. do you use big baits and paddle them out or just toss out small weighted baits (pillies etc)? Go up there pretty regularly, looks like something I wouldn't mind having a crack at!

Not a very finesse approach, I just use a 6 1/2ft rod, bit of 20lb braid on a UK Shimano Stella fighting drag reel, bit of 40lb leader, 1 star sinker, a couple of heavy round sinkers, a triple gang hook, lump of mullet, wade out to me knees then lob it as far as I can, hopefully getting it out past the breakers, always on an out going tide, sit it in me waste pipe rod holder, stick me bells on the tip of the rod, sit in me chair, have a smoke and drink watching for shooting stars and wait for the Ding! Ding!. Jobs a (sometimes!) Good 'un! B)

Not a very finesse approach, I just use a 6 1/2ft rod, bit of 20lb braid on a UK Shimano Stella fighting drag reel, bit of 40lb leader, 1 star sinker, a couple of heavy round sinkers, a triple gang hook, lump of mullet, wade out to me knees then lob it as far as I can, hopefully getting it out past the breakers, always on an out going tide, sit it in me waste pipe rod holder, stick me bells on the tip of the rod, sit in me chair, have a smoke and drink watching for shooting stars and wait for the Ding! Ding!. Jobs a (sometimes!) Good 'un! B)

Kev my style of finesse fishing.

cheers

Ray

Archived