A cold cold river

Plastic Man

just looking back at all my old photos i found this one of my frist murray cod.so i thought that i would tell the story of how i got it.My mate was working away about 4 hours from here and called me and said that he just caught a cod and he is not really into fishing so why should he get one and i have not:angry:.Once he got back me and stu made him take us there to try and get one.We walked the banks all day for no fish stu hooked up and lost it right at the bank:laugh:.So the next weekend stu and i got a little boat and headed there it was that cold that we almost did not want to get out of the car lucky we did first cast i got this beauty and 2 more like it .the end tally andrew 3 stu 0:P nah thats mean he should have got one for doing all that. [img size=469]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/andrews_codb.jpg

Post edited by: Plastic Man, at: 2007/06/03 15:20

post-1029-144598416392_thumb.jpg

I remember the water off the paddles dripping onto the eskie were turning to ice and having to drag the canoe through the shallows with no shoes we thought our toes were going to drop off thats what you get for fishing in winter past stanthorpe in the dumeresq river

Its a Murray Cod, the Murray cod can be found all the way up to just south of Toowoomba, the Condamine and Durmeresque rivers are part of the feeder system for the Murray river. I have seen Murray River cod caught in the park in the main street of Warwick! They are also stocked in the Durmeresque river and Glen Lyon dams.

Archived