sx40s, 48s or 60s??

Rex_Hunt

Theres lots of different types of fish and size of fish in mangroves mate. Hence depending on which one your targeting will help choose which one.

sx40:

These will catch you loads of fish. out of the 3 I've used these the most. These will catch you bream, flathead, mangrove jacks(aka gerty's), trevally, butter bream, whiting, cod and many more.

The downside to these is you catch a lot of small fish and not very many big fish.

sx48:

I've used these a good bit as well and I've caught bream(good size), cod, flathead. They would catch mangrove jacks aswell. I also saw someone in the river catch a decent threaddie caught on one.

sx60:

These are my favourite trolling lure and I use them a good bit outta my kayak. These have caught me flathead, cod and one very hopefull bream. These would also catch jacks, threaddies and jews if your lucky.

If your just randomly fishing for different species I would choose the sx40 in goldcoast special. This will catch you loads of different fish and its also the color I've had the most success with.

Cheers

Tim

haha yeah gertys jack was mad. haha i landed it so i reckon i get hlaf credit, haha nah jkes. but that fish absolutely smashed his lure. it was gd as gone. ok tru yeah sx40s dont get down that deep so i was thinking about stepping it up to a 48 or 60 so thanx for that info. cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I may sound stupid to ask this but what brand are the lures you are talking about?

I was at BCF today and could not see them so I bought a Rapala lure that is a deep diver and around 40mm long.

I have only just got my yak and would like to try trolling but need to know more about it,

How much line do i let out?

Do i paddle fast or can i just drift with the tide?

Do i move to the middle of the river or near the edge?

Please help me as i really want to catch something on a lure for the first time

Feral wrote:

What sort of action does the Ipod have,? are I Pods really a cheaper alternative than a Jackall? :)

Ipods flutter on the drop nicely, You get a bit extra casting distance from the 8 GB than the 4 GB so I reccomend getting one of them, Got as many colors as jackalls aswell!

Archived