photo section request

Zim man

i was thinking about this one today and have search a few fishing forums to see if they have and they dont. i am talking about a photography section. i am sure AFO don`t have one, my search skills are currently at zero.

Not so much a show off how great my pics are section, but more to offer tips and advice on how to make a memorable picture as opposed to covering your PB with your whole hand and hiding your accomplishments.

We all have little things that we do and do not use fancy cameras to acheive this.

what do you guys think?

Sorry dont quite understand - are you requesting a photography category in the forum?

There already is a photography group created by a member

and we are soon to launch a monthly Photo of the Month competition where members can submit their photos for a professional photographer to judge :)

Sorry dont quite understand - are you requesting a photography category in the forum?

and we are soon to launch a monthly Photo of the Month competition where members can submit their photos for a professional photographer to judge :)

To answer the questions

Yes requesting a photography category

Never knew there was a group but will search it out

Cool idea for the comp but i was thinking more along the lines of it more to share info on how to take good pics than show off pics ( those pics taken with newcfound skills can be done in the AFO photo comp or in the individuals fishing report)

The best way to get a good shot of ur fish IMO is to take a pic of it without the tail stretched out (to make it look like it is longer then it is) It does not look good when people stretch the tail out and say its bigger then it is. Fish look so much better in the natural condition. Also when u stretch the tail out and say the fish is longer then it is that is a real shame and also if its just over legal length with the tail stretched out then most likely its undersized and you should be fined. That is my 2 cents in making the fish look its best for a pic. Shame on anyone that stretches the tail out and calls the length of the fish not at the fork. :whistle:

Sounds good, I look foreward to hearing more. I seem to know more about taking photos than catching fish these days so I second making a photography section in the forum.

Archived