Snapper madness with my PB snap Wahoooooo

tugger

Nah i just want to go deckie for Bri now with his new boat and get bait and fish blood all over it :evil:

Hey Mark, Nice fish n all, but my honest opinion is if you used braid and fished soft plastics like the rest of us,you would really start catching quality fish and plenty of them, im sorry i had to speak out.I hate seeing fellow members wasting time and fuel. ;);)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Hahahahaha. Guess who never wants a deckie spot again !!! :lol: ROFL

Nah i just want to go deckie for Bri now with his new boat and get bait and fish blood all over it :evil:
Hey Mark, Nice fish n all, but my honest opinion is if you used braid and fished soft plastics like the rest of us,you would really start catching quality fish and plenty of them, im sorry i had to speak out.I hate seeing fellow members wasting time and fuel. ;);)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Hahahahaha. Guess who never wants a deckie spot again !!! :lol: ROFL

It will be a pleasure mate, i think palmy in december will be the go for sure, i'll follow you around the boat with a sponge mopping up spanish blood and pillie guts.By then i probably won't give a toss.

You're a legend mate well done.

Bring on mackerel season

It will be a pleasure mate, i think palmy in december will be the go for sure, i'll follow you around the boat with a sponge mopping up spanish blood and pillie guts.By then i probably won't give a toss.

You're a legend mate well done.

gee tugger you do good at the rock is that boat rock or there abouts every time i have been there cant even catch a cold haha. might have to follow you out one day without been seen .find that good spot.or maybe its that we use pilchards and squid.. must be the soft plastics. good fishing .al

I do see alot of guys go there without much sucess and can only put it down to diferent technique and all we use is pilchards and the odd livie

gee tugger you do good at the rock is that boat rock or there abouts every time i have been there cant even catch a cold haha. might have to follow you out one day without been seen .find that good spot.or maybe its that we use pilchards and squid.. must be the soft plastics. good fishing .al

I do see alot of guys go there without much sucess and can only put it down to diferent technique and all we use is pilchards and the odd livie
well bugger me must be me. but i must say i havent been out in my boat this year yet :cheer: al

Big Al i've always floatlined my pillies down with the lightest sinker you can get away with so it never stays on the bottom but carried along with the current just off the bottom , i like to use overhead reels for this so it spools smoothly. I use mono line and run my sinker straight onto a 6/0 circle hook and thread the pillie from the tail first and have the hook coming out at the head with the barb well exposed then tie a half hitch around the tail to keep it straight. I just keep spooling off line till the fish takes it and runs then engage the reel and the circle hooks do the rest no need for big strikes with the rod

I hope i'm still catching these brutes when i'm 80 even if it is with a new bionic shoulder :P

Far out tugger. That is a ridiculous haul for our close waters. I'll bet one day when you're 80 and in mountains of shoulder pain you'll be cursing these fish :D

Cracking fish and you're a top bloke for helping people with tips as well.

Big Al i've always floatlined my pillies down with the lightest sinker you can get away with so it never stays on the bottom but carried along with the current just off the bottom , i like to use overhead reels for this so it spools smoothly. I use mono line and run my sinker straight onto a 6/0 circle hook and thread the pillie from the tail first and have the hook coming out at the head with the barb well exposed then tie a half hitch around the tail to keep it straight.
haha tugger so thats the go then ,.i gust 4gang the pillies and a heavy sinker straight to the bottom. and with squid one hook and the same :woohoo: but i better get the boat outa the shed and on the water that might help :( :cheer: al

Big Al i've always floatlined my pillies down with the lightest sinker you can get away with so it never stays on the bottom but carried along with the current just off the bottom , i like to use overhead reels for this so it spools smoothly. I use mono line and run my sinker straight onto a 6/0 circle hook and thread the pillie from the tail first and have the hook coming out at the head with the barb well exposed then tie a half hitch around the tail to keep it straight.

Out of interest Mark roughly what depth is it at the Rock? Just trying to equate it to the reef fishing I do with my brothers and Dad up around Mackay and Rocky. Certainly makes sense as a strategy as I presume it would be very naturally presented and thus arouse little suspicion from the fish. You are a wealth of knowledge - well done on another great session. Now I just need you to have a decky spot on offer on school holidays!!!!!!

Archived