Best online fishing shop ?

FisherT

AFO's online shop is obviously the best one :P

www.australianfishing.com.au/shop

We will be adding lures, rods and other fishing gear over the coming weeks with competitive prices, certain member discounts and also the warm and fuzzy feeling of supporting the AFO community.

:)

Had a look at AFO shop the other day, looking for the blue "Brisbane Fishing Online" Boat sticker (txt only) but could'nt find it... are they out of stock, or can they be ordered, thanx mate

MOtackle let themselves down constantly by an inability to function in an electronic world. slack updating of stock. poor communication. all the things australia's largest tacklestore should have downpat

I haven't had this problem much, they generally ring me if the gear I want isn't in stock but the thing that sh!ts me about them is when they advitise on the site a discount say two Atomic bream shads for 25 bucks or whatever (just so happens that Adam (fishin.com.au) has them on sale for this price atm) when it comes time to checkout its at full price. Having said this for what I buy I keep using them. And when it comes to speciallity gear I use the OS ebay stores, some are less then half price then here and when your talking about 40 dollar bream lures thats a huge saving.

fishin.com.au is good for bream lures and such :)

+1 Adam has top service and looks after you. Usually next day delivery and if something isn't in stock he contactes you directly by phone to let you know. If you spend more then $100 you also get free postage

Cheers

Had a look at AFO shop the other day, looking for the blue "Brisbane Fishing Online" Boat sticker (txt only) but could'nt find it... are they out of stock, or can they be ordered, thanx mate

We did an run of these stickers before the shop went online, and these are being made as we speak. We will have the stickers in the shop going forward..

Where do I purchase Monster Miki lures???? ;)

Try The Tackle Warehouse at Coorparoo :)

brian they were unpacking them today when I went in there and asked if they had arrived and bought 6 pack's of the 4.5 inch one's.(2for me,4 for the crazy man) so be quick.

Anyone noticed how music and book shops are becoming a rare breed? Online shopping provides great bargains but what will be the cost to our local tackle shops? Online shops can't provide expert local knowledge and perhaps that offsets the savings. Just my thoughts.

Here are a list of stores that i sell to that are online.

More and more are entering the industry these day and the choice is growing

My Lure Shop

Website - www.mylureshop.com.au

Fishin.com.au

Website - www.fishin.com.au

Saiko Online Store

Website - http://www.saiko.com.au

Phatfish Online Store

Website - http://www.phatfish.com.au/

Motackle

Website - http://www.motackle.com.au/

LureHQ

website - http://lurehq.com.au/

Lureworld

Website - www.lureworld.com.au

I must say i like these two online shops, great people to deal with and full of advise :)

Motackle

Website - www.motackle.com.au

Saiko Online Store

Website - www.saiko.com.au

Cheers

Darren

I buy a fair amount of tackle online local and overseas and can't say I would buy from any specific one for everything. I get some great reels from Malaysia, braid and rods from the US, rods and reels from a few places here and also ebay a bit.

If you know what you want, chase down the best prices and very importantly add in your shipping for total cost. If they can't beat the local price at by least 15 - 20% I buy local. If you can get a recommend that people have bought there previously that is good. Some online stores though just get the spidey senses tingling and I move on quickly.

If buying overseas make ceertain their model really is the same as ours in size and quality there can be a lot of variation.

I've always been a buy local person especially when the dollar was in the 50 to 70cent range. But when the dollar rose higher and then to $1 plus and prices stayed the same it was pretty obvious they weren't even trying to compete. I now only buy local if they are offering fair prices.

• 3 weeks later...
Keep an eye on the AFO shop in coming weeks as well for some great deal ;)

In fact if you order some Damiki Plastics now youll receive a free packet of Damiki 4.5Inch Bings.

Angus

Just a reminder the AFO shop is now up and running and features some great products and prices.

We will be making annoucements as new stuff goes in but keep checking as over the next couple of weeks there are over a dozen more lures, some DVD's and even some terminal tackle going in :)

Angus

Archived