Schoolies Fishing trip help needed

fisherjack1394

ok guys myself and Dan25 are finishing school at the end of this year and instread of doing the usual goldcoast for schoolies we had planned to go to glenlyon dam for a week with a few other mates and really get stuck onto a few good fish.. BUT glenlyon dam have refused to give us a spot because we are seen as "SCHOOLIES" :(:(

soo i gess my point is dose anybody know any good spots that 4 young blokes could get away for a week and not have people harrasing us the whole week :cheer:.... ohh and we had hoped to get onto some good fish that would make the trip memerable. any suggestions would be great.

thanks guys

ohh btw we dont have 4wds but we have two utes and 2 boats cheers

Get your parents to book it for you, turn up, introduce yourselves to the park management, tell them they wont have any issues with behaviour, and have a great time while dispelling the 'Schoolies' myth.

This is the best choice for anywhere really, at the end of the day its only a handful of moron's who F it up for all the schoolies.

It is actually illegal for them to do this. This is covered by anti-discrimination laws.

What if there was the 4 of you, and then someone else who is older ? Is it still a "schoolies" group then ?

I really cant see why they would have much of an issue with 4 guys wanting to come fishing, i have never heard too many reports of anarchy during schoolies week out at glenlyon !

If you are set on going there, maybe get one of your parents to call them and have a chat about it. dropping a mention of something along the lines of "discrimination laws" tends to make things that were previously "un-doable" all of a sudden AOK i find......... ;)

It is actually illegal for them to do this. This is covered by anti-discrimination laws.

What if there was the 4 of you, and then someone else who is older ? Is it still a "schoolies" group then ?

I really cant see why they would have much of an issue with 4 guys wanting to come fishing, i have never heard too many reports of anarchy during schoolies week out at glenlyon !

If you are set on going there, maybe get one of your parents to call them and have a chat about it. dropping a mention of something along the lines of "discrimination laws" tends to make things that were previously "un-doable" all of a sudden AOK i find......... ;)

yer dan is going to be 18 while thetrip takes place but they said if we did end up going they would be on our cases the whole time. we figured there would be a better place maby isolated where we could go with having to worry about managment and stuff like that...

Whats your budget? If you dont mind forking out then what about doing the trip that youngy posted up here a while ago? A grand per person for 10 days on a remote island out in the pacific.

Sounds like a great plan boys, I'm sure you will have a ball regardless!

If you can get a 4wd go to morton island, you have the sun , surf beach, great fishing, beach cricket , and as long as your not being stupid you will have a great time, thats what i did, but then again it was about 15 years ago.

Go to schoolies at the coast and run riot??? You can fish for the rest of your life :)

haha id like to mate but i feel that we can still run a riot on a fishing trip but we need to find a good place to do it.. at the moment we dont have 4WDs but two utes and 2 boats... any suggestions guys

Head up to donnybrook and put the boats in and drive over to mission point and camp there for a few days or a week. You usually have the place to yourself and should be able to fish and piss up without any trouble.

mate this sounds liek a good option would i be able to take my 4m hornet trophy over there??

Archived