me+mud= mighty good sesh

sharklady

well on saturday kurt ( madmullet ) and i were ment to head down to byron bay to meat up with moses_byron_bay??? sorry, to do some salmon fishing and sharking, but weather turned bad and kurt called it off. ( sorry for the cancelation ). so kurt decided it was past due time to fix the steering on the boat, so he went down to bias boating and $250 later returned with the cable and steering wheel thingie :silly: :lol: . he spent a good 4hrs refiting the new steering and when it was finished you could turn the moton with 1 finger, and now we could hit the bay once more.

anyway, i had planned in my head if he got the steering completed, i would surprise him in the morning with an early 6.00 wake up to go fishing.........

the alarm went of for me at 5.00 and i snuck down stairs and got all the fishing gear packed up in the boat. around 6.00 i went back upstairs and work him up with a light kiss and ( babe lets go fishing, i have packed the boat ) he quickly sprung out of bed gave me a huge good morning kiss, got changed and raced down stairs to double check what i had packed.....

we got to the ramp at 7.30 and launched the boat and we were outside the bouth of brisbane 10mins later greated by a light sth-wester. we took some pots as i wanted a feed a sandies, dropped them off and then anchored at our intended spot to chase sharks and snapper. it wasnt long before we were onto some fish, no size but still dood fun on 8lb braid...

for my birthday kurt got me an diawa crave reel spooled with 8lb bionic and a Daiwa Heartland - Sae (SAEGAKE) HL-Z .....big $$$$$$$$ http://www.fishhead.com.au/store/products/Daiwa-Heartland%252dZ-Saegake-.html

seeing as i am used to using dropshots.

anyway, i decide i wanted to cristen my combo in a big way so i got a 38cm tailor, got kurt to butterfly it, and i but it on a 15ld leader with a 6/0 black macig circle hook in it and floated it out the back. 5 mins had gone past when i felta faint bump bump, and then some wieght on the line, i flicked over the bail arm to feed it some slack, and all of a sudden line started leavin the spool very quickly so i flicked the bail arm over and lent back on the rod and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... ow bugga what have i done...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all i could think was i hope 300yd oy 8lb bionic is enough....... ow god and my nots, will they hold up...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz slowed.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz zzzz winding it in slowly pumping and winding pumping and winding zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz pump wind ect a good tug of war that lasted for 20mins and finally i saw something... nope fauls alarm.. bubbles,zzzzzzz back down to the bottom and i had a bit more of a fight and i caould see colour, a nice pink colour about 2m down and one more pump and it was in the net.... a beautiful snapper....... and my p.b absalutly demolished..... well i was stocked. i had a sore risk to show for my battle and a very very large smile. we called it a day after that checked the pots and headed home.....

p.s what a way to christen a rod and reel

cheers ash....

post-9056-144598650251_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650263_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650273_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650283_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650292_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650302_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650312_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650322_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650332_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650342_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650352_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650362_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650371_thumb.jpg

post-9056-144598650376_thumb.jpg

Ash thats a great looking Snap well done, have really enjoyed your report/pictures :)

Well Done to the both of you ;)

PS- Dinner looks yummmmm

Cheers

Darren

great report and nice bay snapper!

i know they are out there cos everyone is catching em bar me :silly:

congrats on blooding the new rod in good fashion!

im gettin my mrs to read this report....u reckon she will understand why :P

Know how you feel Zano - I'm still to pass 43cm and am getting rather anxious!!!! Also want a jewie - not greedy at all am I!!!!!! Actually, funnily enough Kurt is to blame for me spending a cold night on the boat overnight Sat night - inspired me with that jewie of his!!

I'd show my missus the report but don't think she'd take notice!!!! Ash I must say I was getting a little worried where you were going next when you started describing Kurts reaction ........

In hindsight I saw you guys at the ramp and should have said hello - combination of lack of sleep from an allnighter and in a mad frenzy to get home and beat the boss' curfew!!!! I was the one waiting to move my boat over and put it on the trailer - say thanks to Kurt for being curteous and pulling it back up the ramp to fine-tune it.

Oh and I'd better not finish without congratulating you on an AWESOME mud Island snapper - inspiring stuff (thank you both of you for 'inspiring' me to get out again - gives me an excuse when the missus says "why do you need to go fishing again"!!!!!! Your proof is definitely proof that they will take quite a big bait - had it inahaled the whole thing or just eaten/swallowed part of it?

Cheers, Kelvin.

well i hope it works for you and she goes out with you more!

Know how you feel Zano - I'm still to pass 43cm and am getting rather anxious!!!! Also want a jewie - not greedy at all am I!!!!!! Actually, funnily enough Kurt is to blame for me spending a cold night on the boat overnight Sat night - inspired me with that jewie of his!!

I'd show my missus the report but don't think she'd take notice!!!! Ash I must say I was getting a little worried where you were going next when you started describing Kurts reaction ........

In hindsight I saw you guys at the ramp and should have said hello - combination of lack of sleep from an allnighter and in a mad frenzy to get home and beat the boss' curfew!!!! I was the one waiting to move my boat over and put it on the trailer - say thanks to Kurt for being curteous and pulling it back up the ramp to fine-tune it.

Oh and I'd better not finish without congratulating you on an AWESOME mud Island snapper - inspiring stuff (thank you both of you for 'inspiring' me to get out again - gives me an excuse when the missus says "why do you need to go fishing again"!!!!!! Your proof is definitely proof that they will take quite a big bait - had it inahaled the whole thing or just eaten/swallowed part of it?

Cheers, Kelvin.

lol! that dosent suprise me that he is to blame!!

you defs should have come over and said hi! but i totally understand why! i would be the same hahahah. mmm yeh dont want to miss that curfew!!

thanks mate! not only want it my PB but it was my first lol!!

you always need to go fishing again!!!

Cheers, Kelvin.

to easy mate. it had not been started for nearly 2 months and starting the boat at home that early in the morning, i think the neighbours would have got a tad peeved.

Archived