Shimano CITICA 200DHSV Baitcaster reel

It's not a model that I have come accross, but Shimano do tend to make pretty good stuff. 10 year warranty is a good selling point, just make sure you keep a photocopy of your receipt ( register originals can fade over time ) you will be pushing uphill if you make a claim without it.

Do your homework and see what other reels have similar features, choose one and then price at least three retailers, some big variations around on some items.

Good luck.

I had never seen one before so I looked it up.

It has some good features that are more common on the top shelve reels. Also it looks like a small curado which is always good! Are you getting it from Australia?

Post edited by: Tim a, at: 2007/06/20 22:11

My brother has a Curado which is the next one up, and I've seen a Cruxis which is the next one down, and both are awesome (obiously the curado is a little bit better, but not much, especially for the price). I would go for a Shimano of the best you can afford, they make awesome reels.

well i heard, not to put you down or anything hug-i mean fishing_cherry that the CITICA isn't that great of a reel for the money and you are better off buying a CRUXIS like this mate i know who is pretty smart when it comes to these things...all the reviews say its an excellent reel and extremely cheap for the features it has.

think bout it oh cherry that fishes

cya at school haha

thankyou for the insightful info....

ive decided to get a reel from the CURADO series, a CU201DHSV with a gear ratio of 7:1. Ideally suited for fast lure action and poppers. Plastic Fantastic...sigh...have you nothing better to do than destroy the forum?....If your not serious dont say anythin'! And as for ur good mate u mentioned..ur it!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived