My new toy ( wife calls it folly)

rayke1938

Picked up a 14 ft canoe on ebay with a late 80's suzuki 3.5 hp outboard.

Will have to do a few mods to it before I use it most important is to work out how to attach an outrigger as i cant swim.

Then there will be rodholders and a couple of detatchable seats and a fishfinder.

I also have to modify the bars on my ute and possibly fit a roof rack to carry it.

The outboard has had new rings and waterpump fitted by Leisure marine and runs very well in the test tank. It only has foward and neutral gears ant you have to turn it 180 degrees for reverse. The guy I got it from reckons it planes with two up.Anyhow here is a few piccys. Any advice re the proposed mods are welcome.

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010628_AFO-17efb168a3873d42f8ba75cda5b1f850.jpg

post-230-144598418543_thumb.jpg

And the guts of the outboard. The outside of it looks pretty scabby but it runs very well. My two mates Graham and John recon they wont go in it but I dont care. lake Mcdonald and upper Tingalpa creek here I come.

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010631_AFO-1416259d8483dadc3f3216ea63462aba.jpg

post-230-144598418553_thumb.jpg

Ripper you got her home alright!

I reckon first order of the day is an extension for the electric motor handle so you can sit in the middle seat when going solo! Also 6m of dual core 60amp so the battery can sit in front of the front seat!

I was thinking while outriggers both sides sounds good, you would have to put them close enough to the sides so that you can fish, get landing net over them etc.

I reckon she will be a ripper for going to my mates place who had frontage on the condamine. Fuel motor so much easier for a camp with no power!

Archived