flushing engine after use.

blockah

Interested to see some other responses to this. I have trouble with muffs not fitting well enough so always seem to have to squat down, press the edges of the muffs with my hands and soak up the fumes to get enough grip between the muffs and the intake to get good water pressure. Anyone else have this problem?

Interested to see some other responses to this. I have trouble with muffs not fitting well enough so always seem to have to squat down, press the edges of the muffs with my hands and soak up the fumes to get enough grip between the muffs and the intake to get good water pressure. Anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem, im going to a etec dealer and see if they have any better fitting ones. I use saltaway difficult to say if its any good ask me in 5 years time.

I had the same problem, bought one of the muffs where the hose splits off and sends water in both sides. havent had any issues yet, seem to get a lot of water spitting out the telltale

Sure do. I used to use one of those big blue poly drums filled with water and drop the motor in so it was fully emerged, but it was a fair waste of water so didn't continue with it.

I use just water I had a long chat to the Merc guys from northside who said that the motors that were flushed with additives were not noticeably any better off than those flushed with just water.

They also said that they had seen some impellers that had turned to a jelly like consistency from additives

Have the same problem with my yammy, the mechanic just told me to grab a water drum, works perfectly now.

Im going to invest in a superflush system soon at least for the bigger boat. It has a hose connection in the transom area that you hook up to when you get home and fires water through in big pulses which isa really effective way to remove salt, the biggest plus for me is not having to use muffs or have to motor running to flush it.

Archived