2011 Brisbane River Classic - Help Pick The Date

AFO

2011 BRC Date  

55 members have voted

1. 1. 2011 BRC Date

• Friday 25th November - Sunday 27th November
    • Friday 2nd December - Sunday 4th December
    • Friday 9th December - Sunday 11th December

Well the 2011 BRC is fast approaching and so we are putting it to the members to vote on which weekend you will like the competition to be held on.

The event will have an early bird entry fee of $25 and after that it will be $40 per person.

All competitors will be able to sign-in online before the event and will be emailed the Unique Item and Angler Number so you will be able to start fishing first thing Friday morning. All fish photos however will need to be brought in to Event HQ to have them recorded. Event HQ will be manned 9am -12midday Saturday and Sunday with BBQ and Prize Presentation after 12midday on the Sunday

Dates to vote on:

Friday 25th November - Sunday 27th November

Friday 2nd December - Sunday 4th December

Friday 9th December - Sunday 11th December

Whichever has the most votes will be selected, with voting closing on 14th September 2011

We have some great sponsors once again this year aboard to help make this event a great competition!

The first set of dates for November are when the Mondy Barra Cull is on so you may lose a few competitors if it is set for that weekend.

Thanks for that mate that will be a consideration.

Also please vote only "if" you plan to attend.

We are seeking genuine feedback to suit anglers who really want to compete, not just so people can click a button :)

Angus

All the dates are free in my diary, but I voted for December 9-11, looks best in the almanac, hopefully give everyone the best chance to see some good fish come in, and the full moon will make for some nice night sessions. Being 2 weeks away from christmas could be an issue for some people who like to go away tho

option 1 i am camping up at noosa all weekend

option 2 is out for me with 2 birthdays and an xmas party

option 3 it is then!

Cheers Neil.

This has been useful to see how many would actually be interested as well.

Thanks again and if you are planning on competing please have a vote!

Angus

Once again thanks everyone this has been really valuable for us.

You will note we have tried to combine the best of a few event formats we have been trialling to make this as easy for everyone as possible.

Firstly making no registration in the morning means people can start from anywhere.

Using this format all entrants would be emailed their "unique" item the night before the event commences.

Also keeping the price right down we hope alleviates a few barriers to entry. We just need to back the fact we will get enough entrants to cover fixed costs which we are confident we will :)

Categories will remain the same as always (photo entry) and I am presently discussing prize lists with sponsors.

Longest Bream

Longest King Threadfin Salmon

Longest Shark

Longest Catfish

Best Misc

Best Misc Junior

A few people have asked me why we still have the catfish category as they are "vermin". Answer is simply that this is a Brisbane River event and they are rather prevelant :P This category ensures that no matter what your angling skill, there is the option to buy a cdhicken thigh from the butcher, grab and handline and soak a bait on the river bank and still be in with a chance at actually winning a prize!

Cheers again.

Angus

Once again thanks everyone this has been really valuable for us.

You will note we have tried to combine the best of a few event formats we have been trialling to make this as easy for everyone as possible.

Firstly making no registration in the morning means people can start from anywhere.

Using this format all entrants would be emailed their "unique" item the night before the event commences.

Also keeping the price right down we hope alleviates a few barriers to entry. We just need to back the fact we will get enough entrants to cover fixed costs which we are confident we will :)

Categories will remain the same as always (photo entry) and I am presently discussing prize lists with sponsors.

Longest Bream

Longest King Threadfin Salmon

Longest Shark

Longest Catfish

Best Misc

Best Misc Junior

A few people have asked me why we still have the catfish category as they are "vermin". Answer is simply that this is a Brisbane River event and they are rather prevelant :P This category ensures that no matter what your angling skill, there is the option to buy a cdhicken thigh from the butcher, grab and handline and soak a bait on the river bank and still be in with a chance at actually winning a prize!

Cheers again.

Angus

Mate I've caught some mean bream on chicken thigh and chuck steak!

Archived