Gold Coast.... Was it something i said.

Jig_Meister

Hi guys, so i was at the gold coast this weekend.

Only to find ZERO fish well 0.5. I caught a flattie and

had it close to shore, and it spat the hook. that was two hours in anyway i decided

to get a hotel with my girlfriend and stay the weekend (i had a three day weekend),

and i was fishing at southport/palm beach/runaway bay/broadwater/labradore all to no avail.

i dont know if it was the wind/my skill/tide times/knowledge of plastics etc.

but i tried everything thing in my arsenal fishing structure, flat's, rocks, galleys,

millions of retrieves i don't know what im doing wrong it may be, the spots i was at

under the bridge at south port,open Chanel in runaway bay on the beach at palm beach i dunno just a little ticked off i didn't get to christen my new reel :angry: but maybe i need more knowledge plastics luck but im just asking for tips pointers in the right direction thanks guys hope you all had an awesome weekend

Tight lines, James

Thanks mate, :D i never give up but when you dont catch anything it makes you doubt yourself.

Spewin about the bust off ive had one so far and dont want another lol im shore based,

so i think i need to be a little more patient and find a good spot problem is finding it.

I will have to tag along to one of the events and grab some pointers, have to make new friends seems though none of my mates like fishing :S

Tight lines , James

i'm around the GC in weekdays but that's about to end since i'm moving back to brisbane in a week or so!!

haven't really found good land based spots around gc area for the time i've been here, i reckon i tried all those areas you mentioned too. maybe to do with timing/plastic selection/tides and also my skill too (new to plastics as well).

but as everyone keeps saying to me here, all about patience :P... and yes it does suck when you get not much action going on..

Thanks keen-as and poohbear,

im from riverhills so i dont get much time to fish the coast line so maybe i might practics brissie river first.

I dont know how much luck i will have since the floods :( but maybe i should try to keep it simple i found myself changing plastics every 5 mins and jig heads trying to do all the advanced stuff before i learn the basics thats usually my problem with everything i do but yeah i will have to jump on google maps see if i can find a dirty little estuary and have a flick with only two types of plastics this times rathere than 10 every half hour lol

Tight lines, James

Archived