Serious assault, Coochin Creek (Beerwah)

Oconnell

Serious assault, Coochin Creek (Beerwah)

Police are investigating an incident at Coochin Creek which has left one man in hospital and a second man injured yesterday.

Initial investigations have revealed that around 6pm two groups of men became involved in an altercation at the Coochin Creek Camping Ground boat ramp.

As a result of the altercation a 26-year-old Morayfield man received serious head injuries and was taken to the Caboolture Hospital for treatment.

A 29-year-old Meldale man received minor facial injuries and was also treated at the Caboolture Hospital before being released.

Police have released a description of one of the men that may be able to assist with their investigation. He is described as being of Caucasian appearance, 175cm tall, medium build with sandy coloured hair wearing a black baseball cap.

The vessel the offenders were in is described as a 14 foot aluminium tinny with a 25-30Hp Johnson outboard motor.

Anyone with information which could assist police with their investigations should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

Bloody hell , that must have happened not long after i left there yesterday arvo. There was only one car there with a boat trailer and from what i remember watching them go out it was a middle aged bloke and his wife?? they both seemed friendy enough. Could this have been at the actual campgrounds? Quick edit.

The ranger came down around 5am Because there was smoke coming from the boat ramp. My fault, gets cold. He hung around for a chat and i've been told there has been multiple crab pots stolen, and cars been broken into at the boat ramp as of late. Trailers have been stolen also. Word of warning to those going there to launch a boat, leave nothing in your car and use a trailer lock.

Bastards need to be shot. :angry:

they wouldn't have got far if it was me, my mate that i was with currently holds the title for traditional muay thai in his weight class haha. and the old bloke on the southern side is actually a nice bloke. his wife kicked him out apparently. It was a nice spot, now that the school holidays are on there is no point going near it for a month or so i'm afraid.

cheers Btk.

I have been out there a few times and there have been some dodgy people at that boat ramp at times.Cheers

Matt

describes the average boating fisho sussing out other dodgy looking boating fishos` :whistle:

Well to start with mate, they didnt even have a boat and the other dodgy thing was they were on the piss and walking past all the cars and looking in them. Whistle all you want mate but you werent there.

I have been out there a few times and there have been some dodgy people at that boat ramp at times.Cheers

Matt

describes the average boating fisho sussing out other dodgy looking boating fishos` :whistle:

Well to start with mate, they didnt even have a boat and the other dodgy thing was they were on the piss and walking past all the cars and looking in them. Whistle all you want mate but you werent there.

yes viper there are some really dodgy people outthere... as we both know when we been down there. i too have run in to people do this one guy was going throw me mates tool box . when asked what he was doing he bolted

Well I was planning on heading up there on Wednesday with the 2 kayaks and taking the missus but I'm not sure now. I have been out there a few times and there have been some dodgy people at that boat ramp at times.

Cheers

Matt

If some of those people had fishing rods, hoodies and holes on their ears it was more than likely me :) i have the seedy and dodgey look about me sometimes. :S

Well I was planning on heading up there on Wednesday with the 2 kayaks and taking the missus but I'm not sure now. I have been out there a few times and there have been some dodgy people at that boat ramp at times.

Cheers

Matt

If some of those people had fishing rods, hoodies and holes on their ears it was more than likely me :) i have the seedy and dodgey look about me sometimes. :S

:) one thing for us dodgey looking people, no ones tries to crowd us out of the fishing spots,if they come into the woods to play :cheer: :lol::lol:

Cheers

Matt

Ha ha ha well these blokes were about mid 30s mate lol and full of piss most times. I have probably run into you before up there when I have taken out the kayak lol

Ha ha ha well these blokes were about mid 30s mate lol and full of piss most times. I have probably run into you before up there when I have taken out the kayak lol

Very possible champ. I think i know the guys your talking about. They come from around the beerwah area, had a chat with some of them. If there the same blokes i'm almost certain you would want to lock your car haha

Very possible champ. I think i know the guys your talking about. They come from around the beerwah area, had a chat with some of them. If there the same blokes i'm almost certain you would want to lock your car haha

Ha ha ha yeah well I make sure I lock my car doors and I even take off my roof racks because I have heard of them getting knocked off as well.

Archived