Origin Weekend

Dell

Hey Guys,

Fished my first AFO event thanks to Angus :)and had a cracker of a time. Was good to meet a few new members and match some faces to names. Fishing was a bit tough for me and nabs as it was more quantity than quality for us but we had a great time anyway.

Nabs couldn't fish friday so I decided to head out myself for a shorebash down the Goldie. This was the best day for me over the 3 days as I molested some bream and caught quite a few solid fish with one of them taking out the bream prize :). I caught the 2 biggest on a shallow diving pontoon 21 crackjack I chucked rattles in and the other one on a OSP bent minnow.

2rnkmq0.jpg

20gyyj9.jpg

30woytf.jpg

On saturday we decided to primarily fish deep at the pin bar targetting Flatties n Jew. The plan didn't pay off as Nabs ended up with a donut :evil::evil: and me only picking up small fish every now and then. When the rain hit Nabs had an idea of trying to wait it out:pinch::pinch: but when a bit of lightning cracked near us rods were in the locker and we got off the water as fast as we could!!!

Today we headed towards the goldie and started on the flats looking for flatties. We caught some small flatties n bream then nabs got his first and biggest fish of the wknd. A healthy looking flattie going 61.5cm. We thought it was big enough to get him a prize with the tough fishing but he narrowly missed out. Soon after we decided to head to the seaway for a jew when the tide died and fished around the pipeline to no avail. With nothing biting we made a call to go to the canals and muck around. I picked up some bream fishing surface lures while nabs fished for a jack then we called it quits.

szbf4m.jpg

Was a great weekend and i'd like to thank Angus and John for running a great comp!!! It was great fun and can't wait to do it again next year.

Was also the first time I had my gopro out on the water and although it's not the best footage we still got some nice shots. It's a bit hard trying to cram 16+ hrs of fishing into a 4min video but we managed to chuck a few bits and pieces together into something small.

cheers

[video width=425 height=344 type=vimeo]30260202

I think I saw you guys fly past me early Sunday morning - I was in a white Hornet fishing the edges near Sov?

I used one of the Bent Minnows for the first time on the weekend - awesome action. The Bream seem to like them too.

Marty

yeh that was us Marty. We went in there in the arvo and saw alot of fish. Pretty sure we saw two or three jacks cruising the rockwalls in there.

Rob that mount actually turned out alright. At first I was a bit paranoid of the camera falling off while driving but it seems to be pretty sturdy. I'll be getting one of those floating backdoors anyway just incase it does go over.

:) it was great to get out on the water and catch up with some familiar faces and to finally get to meet some new ones.

There were some vintage names that finally turned up to an event. Apologies for not taking the time to talk to more of you.

Fish from me weren't plentiful but they were still there and enough to keep me interested. That storm that came over Saturday morning made for an interesting start to the day. Lightning strikes with 8foot rods sticking upright aren't the best idea. We got caught out at the start of the storm and man that rain stings when you're on the plane and copping it sweet.

Thanks again AFO for organising these events.

One last thing... for those that shared an "experience" with the park owners and would like to voice their opinons here are a few options -

Head Office for Gold Coast Tourist Parks - 1800 444 474 (talk to Adam Spencer)

Google Reviews - here

yahoo review

True Local

and for those with Twitter Accounts - http://twitter.com/#!/GCTouristParks

Post a message with the phrase "@GCTouristParks" and they'll and everyone else will be able to view.

I paid a short visit just before dinner time and had a yack with Youngy, Ray, Mick Fillet, Ausssie 123, Ellicat and a few others. This must have been before problems arose with the park owner as he served me with an icecream on the way in and also pointed me in the correct direction of HQ. Probably just as well i asked when i did as maybe i would still be looking for it! lol

Well done Qld - never really any doubt in my mind!

im with ray here from what ive heard about the conflict, or the other options are endless with all the dams around our area etc.. the bruns will take some beating as has been a proven venue ... hey gus and john, can we have a poll as to next yrs venue ??...

i dont say much about this comp, but I watch its progress keenly,( bloody body aint what it used to be)... lol ..

what about a time change to coincide with the final of the footy soo . ??? and we can hire a good screen and sit out around a fire and watch qld get flogged for a change .. hehe dont know if thats possible but got to be worth a thought eh ???

sweet ice cream orca hahahehe....

maxi

Archived