Pin Flathead Mission - 5th August 2007

Angus

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GEEEEES!!!! get over yourself.

And I dont think using my boys as an example is a smart thing to do!!!bootyinblue wrote:

chippee wrote:
fair dinkum brian and feral, you blokes would be nervous wrecks in my boat if we ever head out, you gotta hang your balls out and risk a bit, that is why we are members of the vmr

Would be interested to see how far you hang 'your balls out' when you have your son in your boat with you?

And VMR is really there to assist people who are in genuine need from an unforseen circumstance, and not to assist someone who has 'snapped their balls off'.

ANGUS - Do you really think I would be putting ticks on the map?

Cheers,<br><br>Post edited by: bootyinblue, at: 2007/08/02 21:47

calm down chip, i think what booty is gettin too is you dont risk the life of your family so why risk the life of some one else's pretty good point in my books. People will all ways have diffrent ideas on what risks to or not to take. lets all have a big sigh now and relax:)

Mate, I've got a 14 foot with a bimminy offering a bit of wind resistance with a 35hp 2stroke (Thirsty Merc) on the back. Carrying 4 people from Jacobs Well to the Pin and back plus a bit of here and there I use about 1/2 a tank.

I reckon you'll be fine for a day, but stick a spare fuel can in just in case.

Malcolm wrote:

Gday All

Just wanting to know how far it is to the pin from Cabbage Tree point as I have a 12' tinnie with a 20hp and a 25ltr tank

Mal

Mal,

You would have no problem at all out there as long as you are sensible. Maybe a little bit extra juice, you know those 5ltr approved bottles or something just incase you get too carried away in your pursuit of piscatoral passion!

Swap some mobile numbers, mines 0412096612. Leaving from Cabbage Tree ramp about 6am or just after.

Cheers,

Well, I am going to make it to the flat head fishing trip tomorow, i would be able to offer a ride for a passenger in my boat , if anybody is interested that can meet me at my house, waterford, the beenleigh area or at the cabbage tree boat ramp , let me know

chippee wrote:

Fair dinkum, i am unsure about fishing for flathead on sun ,it is going to be perfect day for offshore and already planned trip, anybody keen on prefish tomorow than?

Guess thats why most people are getting on the water early to make sure they get a good catch before all the fishies head off to church :dry:

the idea of swaping phone numbers is a good one for those without marine radios mine is 0439726008.

i'll be carrying plenty of spare fuel if anyone runs into trouble.

i've been raving so much about this trip at work one of my workmates has decided to tag along with the early risers in his boat.

:woohoo: only 2 sleeps to go:woohoo:

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/08/03 19:23

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/08/03 19:37

Lozzel has kindly offered me a seat, so I will be there!

Sunday can't come soon enough!

If I buy any more gear for the occasion I think my lovely wife may file for divorce.

Can't have that though, so perhaps I should stay home tommorrow.

Or maybe if I hide it in the car and pay cash...

Well guys, the flattys are there, i went there today for a bit of a flick and landed some flattys, all legal, all on sp,s, right at the spot i told you in another thread, anyway i will put up the pics of the lure i used , the bigger one it was lucky that another fish bit off about 10mm off the tail on the way in or i had to let it go as it was 69.9999cm long, i wont be going to the straddy picnic until 1;30 as the last hour of the incoming tide is about 12;30 and that is when you get the big boys, good luck every one [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2007_0721TOMMYS7BDAY0035.JPG

faulked wrote:

does every one who wants one have a seat to park there bum in or are there any spots needed

I got a spare spot too. All my deckies pulled out. I know Lee and Rod and couple of others asked, but seeing that it's last minute stuff I suppose it's open to whoever wants a ride. Just send a PM or leave a note.

If there's a boat a bit crowded and someone wants to jump ship, or maybe your captian wants you to walk the plank, I can take one.

Sorry about the late notice, I'll be leaving Cabbage Tree at about 6am or 1st light which ever comes 1st.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/08/05 10:38

By the time you read this you will have figured I didn't make it. I packed the boat, bought the bait and plastics and then the wife says \"you love fishing more then me\".:pinch: :( :S :blush:

Well that might be true but I am not taking the risk of castration.:sick: Have a nice day you guys.:P

Archived