Pin Flathead Mission - 5th August 2007

Angus

G'day everyone.

On the 5th of August Tanya, Tristan (funfisher) and myself are heading to the pin and waterways sorrounding it in search of some big flatties on SP. Might be some school Jewies around as well.

We will be launching from either Cabbage Tree Creek or Coomera at a time TBA. (Tide dependant).

The more the merrier. If we get enough interest we can have the usual BBQ and catch up after.

Anyone else keen??

Cheers.

Angus

P.S. I have added this event to the calendar.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself and Ellicat: Tristan, who fishes this area a lot, says that one of the most productive methods of fishing is using the boats to get to banks, but then fishing the banks by foot. I intend to try this myself. My point is that this could be a good opportunity for the young ones to stretch the legs and have a run.

Angus

I'm keen on going but like Leo don't have a boat...maybe a few of us landlocked BFC members could organise a hire boat for a half day?

I know blue pacific dont do hire boats any more? Are there still hire boats at stieglitz marina or elsewhere.

cheers

No worries Jeff.

Mate we will be confirming start times a bit later as well Dictate it by tides. However it would be safe to say we would try and get out pretty early and make the most of the day.

Sounds good as well Troy. Looking forward to it.

Angus

mojo wrote:

I'm keen on going but like Leo don't have a boat...maybe a few of us landlocked BFC members could organise a hire boat for a half day?

I know blue pacific dont do hire boats any more? Are there still hire boats at stieglitz marina or elsewhere.

cheers

Mate there are not many hire places left that will allow you to travel into those areas. THey make you stick to the rivers, sorry to say.

Hire boats at Cabbage tree, Chris Murphey is the guys name, great bloke full of info, has a regular spot on nuggets fishing programe on sunday mornings.I cant see him listed in the yellow pages I will try to dig up his phone number. He is located right next to the ramp at cabbage tree point.

Ray

Thanks Guys, I'll give Chris a call.

Might even take the family out for a day.

My Wife currently holds the biggest pin flathead title at 9 1/4 pounds, which she brings up quiet often:P and I'm determined to put that one to bed.

geez I miss my tinny:(

Yeah Kriso i have seen boats similar to yours that apparantly frequent the Pin. Why dont you whack another piccy of your girl up here, or the link. Then we can ask Tristan or one of the other guys that fishes the place frquently how she will go.

Angus

Havent seen your boat Kriso, but have seen some pretty low sided punts and that getting around the Pin area. It can blow up across the bay bit which makes for a lumpy return journey, but at othertimes I have seen it as glassy as can be.

So even if it blows up a bit and you retreat back to the south western side of Tipplers Passage or so, its stil all good flathead grounds.

Mate you would be sweet in that, even if it started to blow up a bit and you retreated up the river a bit towards Jacobs Well. I have been caught out there in some real sloppy stuff (like water breaking up onto the windscreen of my boat) and its just a matter of easy going and turn on the bilge pump!

I am sure there will be plenty of other AFO members to keep watch.

Archived